I'm not trying to make the next best seller, I just want to practice for a few years & possibly market an Indie Game on Xbox Live Marketplace. Most of the Indie Games on there arent worth their 80 Microsoft Points & I cant believe they made it on there! I thought I'd give it a shot! That's a looong way from now though. I just need to know, which language is a good & easy start? I heard C++ is hard, because you need to learn C first, then C#, THEN finally C++, so is there a better one? Heck, Minecraft looks great & they used Java. Super Meat Boy uses C++ & Farmville uses Flash. Where would I even go about getting any of those anyways? Do I buy it somewhere, or download it off a website? I know nothing, but I really want to learn!
Varyag Varyag 18-21, M 9 Answers Feb 4, 2013 in Science & Technology

You can try codeacademy.com to get a feel for different languages. It's free and you can learn the basics of several different things there.

Best Answer

Some version of "C", probably C#. Although I can get more done with 50 lines of FORTRAN code that most programmers can with 1000 lines of C#. But alas, it's an "outdated" language, much like Linux is an "outdated" operating system.

Best Answer

Linux is No such thing

Best Answer

I found C# fun to learn. You can download Visual C# Express from Microsoft for free. If you have no experience, you can start a bit easier with Microsoft Visual Basic which is quite powerful nowadays and easier to read than C# at first. (Download Visual Basic Express in that case).

Best Answer

Java paid well in corp. environment.<br />
Ruby (and Rails platform) is paid well in startup scene.

Best Answer

Where are you hearing that ****? Programming is more about the theory rather than the language.

Best Answer

icon, ada, sisal, prolog, JR, fortran, pascal, and cobol.<br />
haha just kidding. Java

Best Answer

Start with C.<br />
It's a good grounding for ALL the other languages.

Best Answer

once you know one language, the others just kind of click, and it becomes like learning a dialect of a language you already know. each new language comes easier.

Best Answer

(well, assuming you don't get to close the the hardware - assembler is a *****)

Best Answer