The 60's...everything seemed possible then. For a few shining moments it looked that "Great Society" with fewer divisions by class, socio-economic level and race, was really within reach.

Best Answer

1920's. It had to have been a blast to be a young adult in the 1920's.

Best Answer

Depends on who you were and where you lived---much like now.

Best Answer

Agreed. But for the adventurist there was lots of opportunity.

Best Answer

I was born in the 70's but I believe the 50's were the greatest decade this nation has/will see. Employment was at its peak, the majority of that nation was still GOD fearing, liberalism had not yet taken root, and the US was just beginning to become a world superpower. In the decade that followed (60's) we were dragged into the abyss of immoral and sinful behavior, that we still have not recovered from...in fact it continues to get worse.

Best Answer

I would go with the 50's. Everyone was employed, the economy was at it's peak, and the fahion,style and lifestyles were fab!

Best Answer

Jim Crow, segregation, McCarthyism, Julius & Ethel Rosenberg,Brown vs.The Board of Education

Best Answer

We each have a decade where we do more during that time than any other decade. In 1960, I graduated from high school; in 1962 I voted in my first election in 1964; In 1964 I lost my virginity; in 1964 graduated from college, in 1964 I got my first job; in 1964 I bought my first new car; in 1965 I got married; in 1967 I bought my first house; in 1967 I moved from one state to another; in 1969 I had my first child; that's the way I look at decades; Most of us can find a 10 year period that we accomplished more than any 10 years in our lives. Doesn't mean that was the best 10 years, but darn close to it.

Best Answer

I was born in the 40s. I don't remember them but I will say that each of the decades since the fifties has had things I loved and things I've hated. I had more friends in the 50s than at any time since, and it was a more innocent time, but I wouldn't say it was the best in all ways. Being taught to duck under the desk when an alarm went off, was pretty scary.

Best Answer

Of the three, I'm stuck on the 40's.... totally enthralled with the WWII ERA and all the fortitude that GREAT GENERATION showed... There was just a great sense of Right and Wrong back then.. the lines of morality were not as cloudy as they were in later years....

Best Answer

Um, except for Jim Crow, segregation, anti-miscegenation laws, internment camps...

Best Answer

LOL ~ Good Point!! We're all doomed... :)

Best Answer