Death by hanging (broken neck) or guillotine (beheading)? Why?
anotherVessel anotherVessel 22-25 9 Answers Feb 9 in Health

Guillotine...... Clean cut, no head, no pain, done...... Even the best hangman can make a mistake and then you're dangling there with flailing legs, spastic twitching, and gagging as you choke out. That has to hurt..... With my luck, I'd end up with some hangman apprentice who can only tie a square knot.

Best Answer

Funny. What could go wrong with a guillotine though?

Best Answer

From what I've read, not much since the thing was always tested for the audience for added drama.... Leave it to the French to get a crowd on edge. At least I hope...... With my luck, they'd whack me during a rain storm and the rails would warp stopping the blade after it penetrated a quarter of the way through my spine..... Well, I'll scratch capital offense crimes off the to do list.

Best Answer

Best Answer

This is as I understand hanging can go too...

Best Answer

Guillotine; because its quicker. No suffering.

Best Answer

I've heard sometimes it isn't so smooth. Also that the wealthier people back in the day would pay to attempt to ensure the blade was as sharp as could be.

Best Answer

It's better than me freaking out, trying to hold on or undo the noose as my body bucking about.

Best Answer

Interesting. Thanks.

Best Answer

my hero rescuing me and bringing me to Mexico to work in a Cantina.........those 2 choices scare the bejeesus out of me. :)

Best Answer

Ah, you again.

Best Answer

The latter, and why? I guess I think it's more humane, quicker.

Best Answer

How long does it take to die when your neck's snapped?

Best Answer

Hanging can take a long time...

Best Answer

When the spine snaps up there?

Best Answer

I admit Im not 100% sure,but fairly certain that in some cases the hanging death can be a matter of minutes before death comes :)

Best Answer

You get to choose?

Best Answer

In this rhetorical question you do.

Best Answer

bullet in the head !!

Best Answer

Come on now.

Best Answer