You know who I'm trolling for, but this is my best sideways olive branch! :) http://lds-mormon.com/lucifer Still haven't heard from_____
freeed freeed 61-65, M 22 Answers Feb 15, 2012

To a point yes. Lucifer isn't Satan. It was one of the Pope's that decreed they were one and the same.

Best Answer

I admire surgical logic such as yours. No mention of Satan is made or implied! I was hoping the satanist you conversed with would take this as a peace offering but I guess he didn't see it.

Best Answer

XD well traditional Satanism has actually been around longer than Christianity AND Judaism. But I get why a lot of people confuse the meaning.

Best Answer

So you're saying the mistake is a myth ......so he is real. Cleverrrrrr.

Best Answer

But, but, but...

Best Answer

my life always serves me such an ironic plate of experiences.. <br />
just the other day i was trying to to imagine the possible existence of any and all gods and/or deities, including and especially lucifer. at one point i found myself being as closed mined as i blame my opposing religious groups for being. i realized that my faith in lucifer (or whatever) makes my deities no more real than it does theirs..<br />
in short. i believe that ANY such "god" including and lucifer is a "mythical mistake in translation".<br />
this only my opinion people so, please keep your rebuttles to a minimum, im tired of constantly having to explain myself..<br />
thank you FREEED!! that was an awesome question!!

Best Answer

FINALLY! The one I was trolling for. U R welcome and thanks for commenting!

Best Answer

You mean not real like TheChurchLady?

Best Answer

Not Real? Who would lead you to believe TheChurchLady isn't real? Could it be........................
SATAN?
It isn't Lucifer. LOL

Best Answer

The fact it's a cross dressing character on SNL, Everybody knows this.. No female would use that name.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Church_Lady

Best Answer

I guess my quote of the SNL transvestite escaped you. I wonder who made me say that/ Could it be.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................SATAN???????

Best Answer

well it is somewhat lost in redaction just like the term Satan and oh, just about any other demon popular in american pop fundamentalist religious culture.

Best Answer

Sadly, yours is a true statement. Thanks for making it. :)

Best Answer

Sounds reasonable. I know the original scrolls from which the Old Testement is drawn carry repeated references to a God AND GODDESS. So why not have Satan "found" in translation?

Best Answer

You taught me something. Thanks. Actually as thebenis observed, Lucifer is NOT Satan as most mistakenly believe. That's what I wanted to review.

Best Answer

are you speaking of elohim and eloha ?

Best Answer

As I have said before, to believe in one is to believe in all, Evil, just like goodness (and any dieties people believe in) is MAN-MADE.

Best Answer

And subjective - the rat views the rat-exterminator as evil.

Best Answer

Make sure to clean the burrs off first., don't want to rupture the femoral artery.

Best Answer

what? that bastard lied to me? we're so breaking up now

Best Answer

Join the club, dearest, we were ALL lied to...

Best Answer

I believe that Satan, or the Devil or Lucifer, which are all one in the same, but with different titles is very real. He tempted Christ when HE, (Christ) was in the dessert. Also, Christ has more than one title. HE is also considered the Messiah, for one. Their are many more titles, but HE is the same. To say that Lucifer, doesn't exist is the same as saying that CHRIST who I believe to be very real doesn't exist. You'll find Satan, in murders and abortionists, (which are pretty much one in the same) within the mix. You'll find him in wars, weapons of mass destruction, terrorism, crimes against humanity, as in what happened at the haulocost, and back in slavery and genicade with the American Indians, also what's going on now in other countries still today, theft, sexual predators, and child molesters, rapists, suicide (same as murder) and serial killers (also the same). Anything evil. It's not truly in anyone's nature to say, "Hey, I think I am going to kill me someone today. That would be so cool to see them beg for their lives and suffer." That's in humane and some evil entity has to be warping their minds to do all of these acts. No human reasoning alone would ever have others to come to those conclusions to do those things that I have mentioned. Sorry, but I would have to disagree with many people on here that say that he doesn't exist.

Best Answer

You demonstrate precisely what I'm teaching - that Lucifer equals Satan is FALSE. That Lucifer is the devil is FALSE. That Satan equals the devil is TRUE. See the given link...and peace...I'm against evil, too! The existence of Satan is not the question here.

Best Answer

i think satan is a broad term describing not a devil or evil but rather it is like an adjective or describing an act. i have a lot i have come across prsuing the ministry at one time. im no expert but i have learned quite a few things.

Best Answer

All I know is that's what Lucifer wants people to believe.

Best Answer

You've been misinformed - please read the link. Lucifer was inserted into a translation in ONE passage. Lucifer refers to the Babylonian King as WilliamC states.

Best Answer

To say Satan is not real is to say that God is not real. A risky proposition.

Best Answer

During a comment to a Satanist earlier, Lucifer is not the Devil or Satan

Best Answer

I didn't say that. Risk ensues from improper inference such as yours. I made no mention of Satan. I believe in God. cpthaddock and WilliamC correctly state that Lucifer is not Satan, which is ALL this Q is about.

Best Answer

That ludicrousness . Any true student or even a cursory reading knows origin of Lucifer, as revealed in the Old Testament. In the Hebrew, the name Lucifer is translated from the Hebrew word "helel," which means brightness. This designation, referring to Lucifer, is the rendering of the "morning star" or "star of the morning" or "bright star" which is presented in Isaiah. "How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn! How you are cut down to the ground, you who laid the nations low! You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit on the mount of assembly on the heights of Zaphon; I will ascend to the tops of the clouds, I will make myself like the Most High’" (Isaiah 14:12-14, NIV). <br />
The context of this passage is a referral to the king of Babylon as presented in his pride, splendor and fall. However, it is to the power behind the evil Babylonian king that this is actually addressed. No mortal king would claim that his throne was above that of God or that he was like the Most High. The power behind the evil Babylonian king is Lucifer, Son of the Morning. I could go on, but this is sufficient for now.

Best Answer

You have it CORRECT that the passage refers to the King. You should stop there prior to injecting YOUR belief as to what motivated the King.

Best Answer

I did not make up the belief ....I can go on perhaps I should since there is some cinfusion...

Best Answer

Anything beyond this singular reference to Lucifer is speculation not based on scripture. Lucifer is mentioned exactly once in both testaments, once in the Old and not at all in the New.
Consider this - if Lucifer refers to the Babylonian King as it seems you and I agree, how could a 2nd Lucifer be behind a 1st one? An evil King isn't evil "because a devil made him do it"- that negates our Free Will.
Feel freeed to lambaste me privately as we're getting off point here. :)

Best Answer

Consider it considered, in the AMS and NASV , as well as the ESV the term Lucicer is not named at all,Isa 14:12 "shining one" is the translation. I think it is fair to say it is uncertain really when precisely the Isaiah passage, which in its Latin translation contains the name "Lucifer", began to be applied to Satan, but it was certainly used in this way by 3rd-century Origen, and some scholars claim that the identification of "Lucifer" with the Devil was first made by Origen, Tertullian and Augustine of Hippo.Jesus is referred to as "the bright and morning star" "ὁ ἀστὴρ ὁ λαμπρὸς καὶ ὀρθρινός" in Revelation 22:16, but not as (Lucifer). That for me pretty well sizes it up. I do appreciate the invite, though. Thanks.

Best Answer

wiki makes us all expert. yes a reference to the morning star is best. many metaphors may be derived from it as well.

Best Answer

these passages may be poems describing sunset and sunrise.

Best Answer

There are some of us who have been around longer that is to mean we have read and been students of theology longer than you have existed and well before "wiki"...Love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love.
There's nothing you can do that can't be done.
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung.
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy.
There's nothing you can make that can't be made.
No one you can save that can't be saved.
Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you
in time - It's easy.
All you need is love, all you need is love,
All you need is love, love, love is all you need.
Love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love.
There's nothing you can know that isn't known.
Nothing you can see that isn't shown.
Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
It's easy.
All you need is love (all together now)
All you need is love (everybody)

Best Answer

“You may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about you, ..."

Best Answer

Lucifer was a real historical person.

Best Answer

Shore he was, now be movin' along before the paddywagon comes. LOL. Factually speaking there was [is?] a lucifer username on EP so I guess technically UR right.

Best Answer

Lucifer was a little known king of Babylon.He is mentioned in the Bible.We can agree to disagree.

Best Answer

Actually, we agree TOTALLY. My entire point is that the King was CALLED Lucifer, i.e., even though a real King, Lucifer as devil never existed! Let's agree to agree.

Best Answer

yes and besides Satan is no king regardless of what he is called by.

Best Answer