No wonder gw bush thought he was god. now everybody wants to kill him. he must really be the devil instead.. persoanlly i feel theres too many gods out there. the gods are crazy too. this is why religion is bull$hit whether you like it or not. have a blessed night.

Best Answer

Have you been drinking something stronger than water or soda?

Best Answer

god can od anything he is all powerful and prayers all go to god on his thrown and he answers them in his time and not our time you got to have faith to activate your prayer

Best Answer

If prayer solved anything:<br />
Kids wouldn't die of starvation by the thousands everyday, No one would die, abortion would be illegal, gays would "become" straight, and Jesus would have come back by now.

Best Answer

You're being a touch impatient... and MONEY is required for some of those answers, I agree! (pray for it)

Best Answer

So God created the world because he had the proper cash flow? HE USES MAGIC CONSTANTLY IN THE BIBLE! Are you an idiot or just being absurd?

Best Answer

I believe the topic Jesus used most often in illustrations was money/mammon. God can use practical means as well. Why do you think so many pastors solicit funds. If you want to feed starving children and bind up wounds of the sick, and help people recover from natural disasters, it will take a lot of money!

Best Answer

Not if you god magicks up tons of food. He can according to you so why doesn't he? Little babies are dying of malnutrition. Is that jut part of his plan?

Best Answer

This world is full of selfish people. I've heard of food shipments to needy countries, and they never reach the needy because of greedy government leaders. As for God, He doesn't "do magic". He responds to the faith of people. Faith. Unfortunately, I don't have that much, to pray for it the way you're suggesting.

Best Answer

but God gave us free will to decide if we would follow the example Jesus set or do our own thing and when we do our own thing thinking we know better then God bad things happen. and because of free will God promised not to interfer with it. but if you want to see God work a mirical surender your life to Him follow the examples of the great pure Devotees of God and then you will see.

Best Answer

I'm supposed to take life lessons from an idiot who can't even spell "miracle"? Yeah right Gerald. Also god does magic tons of times, besides creating EVERYTHING including good and evil and the snake in the garden of eden and Humanity, he destroyed sodom and gomorrah, he turned lot's wife to salt, Sent seven plagues against a Egyptian Pharaoh including magically murdering every firstborn egyptian child, he impregnated Mary without touching her, he made a star shine so brightly and weirdly three kings felt they had no choice but to follow it, (as if that makes sense) Jesus made water into wine, jesus walked on water, jesus brought a man back from the dead,Jesus cured a man of leprosy and fed thousands with two fish and a loaf of bread and had leftovers, Jesus came back to life after being crucified.....Certainly sounds like a lot of magic to me, David. How else would you explain this? Especially since the manipulation of atoms in water to create wine would result in atomic fusion and probably wipe out a decent chunk of the planet.

Best Answer

Hey, if you want to call it magic, have at it. I call them miracles. One comment though... in regard to the star which the wise men followed... why is that star not in the sky now? (now that would be a good science question, right?) I've recently heard it was the aligning of three planets. In Genesis 1:14 God gave the lights in the sky for signs and seasons. It was the season of His Son's birth! Three is a great number given that God has revealed Himself as Father, Son and Holy Spirit! What do you think?

Best Answer

..............You expect me to prove that a star didn't exist 2 Thousand years ago? You also expect me to trust a Book (the bible) that has been proven to be not only Historically inaccurate, but scientifically, anatomically, and within it's own pages. The bible contradicts itself every other page. that's not an exaggaration. I can claim there was a plant that cured cancer but the aliens stole it because to them dying of cancer is like dying a War hero. Now if I didn't have proof you'd say I was crazy. Now....Since you have no proof, no evidence of a higher power other than a book that was written about a centuiry AFTER the prophet it describes lived, I'd say you have no proof. After all We don't take the Odessey literally, we don't believe there were giants medusa, sirens, and winds that can be captured in a wineskin. So why do you take some book that came AFTER THAT as fact? Hell Herodotus' Histories talks about Pan as if he was a real person, Do you believe satyrs exist because some greek idiot wrote about tem more than 4 thousand years ago?

Best Answer

I think I can describe you in one word... CONFUSED. (It takes one to know one; I've been there!) You've made a lot of good points, then you come out with this 'rant'. What time is it where you're at? Bed time?

Best Answer

You have no argument so you attack me personally. I get it you have nothing left to say, but grow up and realize there's probably no god. You'll save so much time.

Best Answer

You're spitting out "points" like a machine gun. How am I suppose to answer eight questions at once. Take a deep breath and decide where you want to start. It sounds confusing otherwise, and a tad controlling!

Best Answer

1. Scientists can't predict the movement of stars that weren't/aren't mapped. there were few star charts from non chinese sources that survived. Find me a link that pinpoints the EXACT star christians say was the Christmas Star, or stfu. 2. Planetary Alignments have no effect on earth, they're not significant, and are very predictable. 3. If you can't keep up with me obviously you have no defense and are hoping you'll be able to derail my agument so you can salvage some semblence of your misguided faith in some incompetent and useless imaginry friend. 4. I don't give a **** where you wanna start, I've smashed EVERY point you've put forth. I have Math, Science, physics, geology, molecular anatomy, evolutionary biology, and quantum physics on my side. You have One book no one can prove was even true.....I think I win.

Best Answer

You just did a great job supporting what I was trying to say about three planets aligning. Your #2, above. I make no claim to being a scientist. I do, however, love the subject and enjoy conversations in it. Your #3 is an example of your proneness to cross over into ridiculous conclusions (just because I don't do the discussion "your way"??). But I hope you see the value of writing the paragraph the way you did. The #'s help hugely. Thank you. And, finally, your #4 turns scientific DISCUSSION into war! "You win"?? Science is about acquiring knowledge. I listen to you. You listen to me. We're looking for Truth. At least I am.

Best Answer

I just mocked you and you're saying i supported your theory on the planets? When you get "pantsed" do you laugh at the person who did it rather than them laughing at you? If you're looking for truth the you would have the sense to not waste your time with one of THOUSANDS of religions in the vain belief you picked the right one. You have no defense, no argument, I've demolished everypoint you've put forth and so you fall back on the old standby of arrogant christians, "Well I'm just trying to search for truth and I believe since you can't rule of the possibility of there being a god I think you're being closed minded by being an atheist." That's like me saying, "Well I'm just trying to search for truth and I believe that since you can't rule out the possibility that faries exist, I think you're being closed-minded by being a non-believer." See how silly you all sound?

Best Answer

You take this personally, and turn it into war. We can both win, in peace. Go ahead and mock me, even though that makes no sense. I thought this was about searching out answers, but I guess I'm wrong.

Best Answer

I can move a mountain, too. I just never have to prove it, or prove that I exist, or really do any miracles, because my theoretical followers have such low self esteem that any good they do on their own or by blind luck, they will attribute it all to me.

Best Answer

I wish we had a 'Dislike' button to click... hey ep!

Best Answer

You pretty much nailed it.

Best Answer

David, it sounds like you don't like being presented with reality.

Best Answer

"...reality, however, is found in Christ." (Colossians 2:17) And, "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Best Answer

Prayers are sometimes answered, but if you placed prayer under scientific analysis, you would find that the answers are largely random and could be attributed to chance (if not predictable ba<x>sed on trends or predictable human behavior patterns.)<br />
If you believe that God uses natural forces like the tectonic plates to move and destroy mountains, yes. If you mean that God will create or destroy mountains for the benefit of some religion, no.

Best Answer

Me, I have seen God perform miracles that will shock the world once my book is published. God can move greater things than mountains.

Best Answer

not me - but I believe Jesus when he said that I could. nuff said.

Best Answer

good point... but Jesus could too ("A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher." -Luke 6:40)

Best Answer

Absolutely, thar's why there are mountains always moving around.

Best Answer

When's the last time you saw one personally?!

Best Answer

Oh gee, let me think aaaah, well I don't need to see it after all "faith" is the thing right?

Best Answer

But it would help, for starters, if you understood faith! Ask God for it.

Best Answer

earliar i believed but now i don't

Best Answer

the Bible speaks of spiritual battle/war... it's not too late to get back in the fight

Best Answer

in my opinion bible, wuran and visa versa are just stories, a collection of myths

Best Answer

then you are genuinely "stuck in the mud" (I was there, once, and I'm suggesting... don't give up! When Jesus asked His disciples if they wanted to leave Him, their response was, "Lord, to whom else do we go? You alone have the words of life." Blessings!

Best Answer

ME

Best Answer

God loves us so much He grants us our truest desires. so if one truly dose not want to believe then God will let them not believe and they will never see the miracles He can and dose preform. this is free will. I my self not only have seen them i am one. I KNOW for a fact prayer works, and God is, well God and He can do anything. Hare Krishna

Best Answer

Great, up until the last two words... then *vomit* ...sorry, but I've matched cynicism with cynicism.

Best Answer

no need to say your sorry you have a right to your opinion and religion as do i. i am not offended.

Best Answer

I think i should tell you that yes i do follow a Hindu way of life but i also read and charish the Bible. one can not believe in God and not believe in Jesus no matter what the religion one is. Because i believe in God I have to believe in Jesus. just wanted you to know

Best Answer

What was the purpose of signing your first post, " Hare Krishna"?

Best Answer

i do this on all my post. it is simply the way i end my post nothing ment by it realy.

Best Answer

I can say "god loves you" at the end of my posts and mean nothing by it but that's stupid and offensive to Theists. Why say hare krishna if you're not a follower?

Best Answer

You have misunderstood. when i say i meant nothing by it i was saying to david that i was not trying to offend him by it, now the reason i say it and end all post with it is to get anyone who is reading my post to say the Lords name. so you see there is a reason for it. but for david who said he vomits at the name i was saying i didnt meant anything by it to offend. forgive me for not being more clear. Hare Krishna

Best Answer

Not me.

Best Answer

I think God could do anything he wants, but he doesn't because that's not the way he intended the Universe to work.

Best Answer

You do know there are two accounts in the Bible where the sun stopped moving. MODERN scientists have needed those two "gaps" in time to account for all time. Scientists have been converted studying this subject. (that's just one example of something great God has done... even on the Universe level!)

Best Answer

I just got off the phone with a good friend, he's a NASA scientist. He says science absolutely rejects the notion that Joshua stopped the sun so he could complete his victory over Jerrico. The Earth would have to stop spinning and then restart again. No reputable scientist believes that could have really happened. It's a Bible story and nothing more.

Best Answer

Well I'll look to THE Authority FIRST and every time! (There are plenty of modern scientists who are scientists only in name. Being a scientist requires an open mind that's willing to be schooled based upon the observed facts, and not needing to squeeze the facts into existing theory or thinking. I'm not saying this is your friend. I am saying there are scientists... I'm sorry I don't remember the guys name... from past years who have simply observed, and been awed! That's science!!)

Best Answer

Me

Best Answer

Yep. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away

Best Answer