I bought my laptop several days ago and I am getting increasingly more familiar with W8. But do many users download the Start8 or similiar products that eliminate the tablets and revert back to the classic style of windows ? How do I eliminate the pop up time and battery indicator in the lower left hand corner ? When it pops up it remains there for about 5 seconds and it is annoying. Besides, it pops up randomly. I have not figured out how to make it appear when I want to see it. I don't need it anyhow, I have a clock in the lower right corner. I want to eliminate it. How do I keep the 'charm bar' from expanding all the time on the right hand side ? I know if you go to the upper right or lower right corner and place the cursor there, it expands. But if often does that when my cursor has not been in the corner. Then I have to stop, tap the desktop and wait for it to disappear. Then it often happens again. It is a nuisance. How do I prevent it from expanding ?
DallasCowboysFan DallasCowboysFan 51-55, M 7 Answers Feb 6, 2013 in Science & Technology

uninstall W8 and install W7. that will fix all your problems.

Best Answer

can you still buy w7?

Best Answer

you can still buy XP. just because MS came up with a new version doesn't mean they took the old versions off the shelves.

Best Answer

ty

Best Answer

I'm sure if you looked hard enough, you could probably find 3.1 somewhere, though I don't know why you'd want to go that far. well, at least no one is probably writing viruses for 3.1 anymore.

Best Answer

Go get Win7 and be done with it. Windows 8 is garbage software to compete with Google's Android.

Best Answer

I wonder if MSFT is going to get a backlash with them manufacturing tablets like the one they just displayed. It is like they are competing with the same companies they sell their software too. I wonder if any computer manufacturers will start offering android on their computers and drop msft ?

Best Answer

...I have heard from others that 8 is wretched-I know my friend's desktop hasn't worked right since he installed it.<br />
...I like Linux myself.

Best Answer