Please i really need some help :'( i just want to get better!
AngelOfChaos AngelOfChaos 16-17, F 8 Answers Nov 4, 2012 in Emotional Health

Find a qualified therapist at a local mental health facility. MDs aren't equipped to deal with mental health problems and in fact most will shy away from prescribing anti-depressants and anti-anxiety drugs any more. Please get the help you need to deal with your problems. If you need someone to talk to, I and other members here are available. Just realize you are not alone and that with treatment you can get better.

Best Answer

Thank you, i will try anything if it means that there's even just a tiny chance of getting better.

Best Answer

I am not sure where you live, but there should be a mental health clinic very near. Depression is very scary, and trichotillamania is nothing to mess with either. Most often it is a stress disorder that is underlying. Definitely check for local clinics online or in a phonebook. I have had 2 semesters of psych so i know a little, but medication will probably be needed, if only for a short time. Hope it helps!inbox me if u would like.

Best Answer

Thank you, if it is okay to inbox you i would like to have someone to speak to until i get my own help from a clinic.

Best Answer

mental health clinic, they arent doctors just lisenced councillers. but if it comes that talking doesnt help alone, they'll want to try anti-depressants which your doctor will have to know about...

Best Answer

i will defo look around for a clinic, thank you.

Best Answer

Hope you get yourself sorted out, depression can waste a lot of your years. Help yourself get better. it takes you to want to be better, remember that. You'll see that its true. They'll tell you that while you talk with someone, they're not bullshitin.

Best Answer

i very much admire you're honest. also i will try my best to get better, i've had trich for 9years now, hopefully i can find a way to get better.

Best Answer

It takes a lot of searching like you must already experienced that not the first or even second person you talk to can help you, it takes some searching for the right person that you can really benifit from. I wouldn't keep it to myself if someone isnt helping you in the way you need it, tell them and they'll show you other people there that may do better. Know what you need

Best Answer

yes, i have been to 6 different people none have helped, but hopefully one day i'll recover and i can make my boyfriend and my dad proud.

Best Answer

A reason like them is a good way to get yourself back to gear.

Best Answer

A Psychiatrist is what you need

Best Answer

school councellor? health hotlines? Seek out agencies that deal with depression erc

Best Answer

If you want a temporary fix to clear your mind, get up right now and just start exercising... right now, this second. Do anything you feel like. Jump up and down. Dance to music. If you can go somewhere you like the scenery go, and run hard.

Lift up your shoulders and smile. Endorphins will begin to be released and act as a quick happy pill. The lift up your shoulders and smile will stimulate the same part of your brain that thinks you are happy!! It will break the cycle. That first step can happen this instant. Do it now. You will be better able to think clearly about a long term solution.

Best Answer

I find that psychologists are more approachable with the general issues of the day than are psychiatrists. You will probably need both but it is much nicer to have a psychologist advocate for you as someone who knows you. Depression is beaten as a team effort.

Best Answer