From looking at the back of your avatar's head, you remind me of a tiny, beautiful Egyptian girl I knew in college named Nafisa. The first time we met, she told me her name. I had never heard it before, and was curious of it's literal meaning. The arabic-english dictionary I looked it up in translated it as exquisite, and of great value. Now it is usually translated as excellent, delicate, and valuable. In relation to her, exquisite was the perfect definition.<br />
The next time we met, we spoke for a little while before I said. "It fit's you, you know". She looked at me, puzzled, and asked what I was speaking of. I told her "your name, it translates from the Arabic as exquisite, and you certainly are that". I meant it as a complement, but it unnerved her. She must have been told she was pretty many times. Her English was excellent, she certainly knew what the word meant. To this day, I do not know what upset her.<br />
She demanded I explain how I knew the literal meaning of her name. I toyed with the idea of making up some outrageous story, but instead I told he the truth. She stuck out her pretty lower lip in a pout. Perhaps she thought it would become common knowledge, and she would be teased, or laughed at.<br />
From then on, when ever she saw me on campus, she looked a little frightened. I was three times as large as she was, but what had I done to frighten her so badly? To this day, I wonder.

Best Answer

oh wow! :) that's lovely!
may be she was just a shy person?

Best Answer

I don't think so. She seemed ok with me, until I divulged the meaning of her name. If someone had looked up mine, Martin...it means of Mars, I would have been complemented. No, she feared me. It must have been she had a stalker, and thought I was the new edition. No kidding, it sort of hurt my feelings. I have to get to know a woman very well before I will spend that much time on her. LOL

Best Answer

yeah! may be she was,,,afraid of being stalked :p

Best Answer

I thought I would impress her with my knowledge of Arabic culture, at least relative to other Americans, and a smooth complement, but ended up terrifying her. It's like something that would have happened to Jerry Seinfeld, on his TV show. It is a little funny, if you look at it that way.

Best Answer

Samara. The ring

Best Answer

:p

Best Answer

Ice Queen.

Best Answer

Rapunzel

Best Answer

yayyyyy!!! I do have long layered hair!

Best Answer

THE GIRL FROM THE GRUDGE

Best Answer

:D

Best Answer

some chick from EP.

Best Answer

My Great Great Dead Granny :D

Best Answer

OMG! why? :p

Best Answer

we have pic of her oil painting .. and that pic she wore white dress just like you ... :D same pose...

Best Answer

Sarah Brightman, or maybe Sarah Silverman.

Best Answer

strange but u remind me of my aunt (mom sis)

Best Answer

OMG! :p is she my age?

Best Answer

lol no she is in her late 40,s

Best Answer

lol will his mom's sister be your age if he is your age???

Best Answer

@zack why not,what if his grandma had the daughter at late age!

Best Answer

lol no she is in her 40s lol and she is from middle east

Best Answer

@hasan alright :p

Best Answer

Best Answer

sub

Best Answer