Selfconsciousness Selfconsciousness 18-21, M 11 Answers Nov 7, 2012 in Religion

I don't pray. Prayer has never been demonstrated to work. I express gratitude to those who earn my gratitude. Situations vary. I don't need an invisible friend to be happy.

Best Answer

I'm glad I prayed about my spinal stenosis. Drs said I would always have it but God healed it. I call that a demonstration. There's innumerable stories of healing because of prayer and Drs can't explain.

Best Answer

To be fair, doctors can't know everything. Diseases can and do go into remission. And if the doctors couldn't explain it, then it means the reason is unknown.
I've always wondered why god doesn't heal amputees.

Best Answer

the powers that be. what i think of as god is really just all life on the planet and god is changing all the time. we each share a part of god's power and some will use it wisely and some will not.

Best Answer

I pray to nobody.<br />
My gratitude goes to my parents and those who I believe deserve it.<br />
No it is not important to pray to be happy unless that is in your religion or spiritual beliefs. It is not important to me.

Best Answer

I pray to and am grateful for the spiritual god of my understanding. God is not about religion, god is about love. "Religious people are afraid of going to Hell. Spiritual people have been there and back." I do not want to return to my own private hell....I dont know how my spirituality works, and I dont care. All that I know is it works! Thank you God!

Best Answer

IS god the better you for you then? or something wiser?? just wondering

Best Answer

I dont know what god is, but I do know that I am not god. I was an active drug addict for over 40 years. I could quit drugs but I could not stay "quit" until I replaced my drug of choice with a spiritual relationship with the god of my understanding. I have been clean for over 3 years, and, more than that, I am happy. Let me put it this way - Over 6 million people died in Nazi concentration camps before and during WWII. Does god care whether I get high or not? All I know is that when I maintain my spiritual relationship with my higher power, who I chose to call god, on a daily basis, I care whether I get high or stay clean. I have been clean for over 3 years now, and I do it a day at a time....I matters not what god is, the only thing that matters is THAT god is....Go figure

Best Answer

i dont beleive in a god but twice in my life i have felt helpless and so lost that i prayed to something, dunno who or what i was trying to pray to.

Best Answer

I express gratitude when I'm grateful to anyone. Like when my brother gave me his old car when he got a new one, I was grateful to him. Was I supposed to be grateful to a god or the fates instead?

Best Answer

No, but i'm asking what people do, im just wondering cause i remember when i was a kid i was praying but i didnt really believe in god, but just praying and saying thanks ^^

Best Answer

Before I realized I was atheist I did the same thing. For a while I felt something, but then it got to be "just in case". Every once in a while it creeps into my brain but it just feels silly and wrong now.

Best Answer

I don't pray to anyone. I expressed gratitude to those who I am grateful for.

Best Answer

No one, no one, and no. I can be grateful for good things without being grateful to some mythical being.

Best Answer

Prayer isn't about religion. And you can thank whoever helped you....it's not hard to express gratitude when it's due. People have a wide range of beliefs.

Best Answer

Who do you pray to? Do you just talk with urself all the time? :D

Best Answer

God, ancestors, trees, spirits, nature...the list goes on and on...some even pray to saints. There is not just one way of anything. Many people who aren't religious still have beliefs. It's a misconception that they don't.

Best Answer

And many people who are religious dont have gods. I myself am a prime example.
I essentially worship nature, follow the teachings of Buddha (not exactly a Buddhist, but it's hard for me not to believe in Buddhism.), and yet do not believe in a divine creator. There is a soul in everything, and with everything a soul.

Best Answer

I work hard for everything that I have and I've worked very hard to get where I am today. I don't believe that a deity had anything to do with my success in life.

Best Answer

Nice one :)

Best Answer