InTheMiddle88 InTheMiddle88 22-25, F 7 Answers Apr 7, 2012

Believers think its thier right to shove thier beliefs down your throat, and then they get all offended when you reject what they are saying, I support thier right to believe, but I also support my right to not believe and consider thier claims frivilous

Best Answer

If I lived solely on the internet, I would answer, "Non-believers! Definitely! Always being smug and snappy and putting believers in their place!"

However, the truth is more complicated than that. Atheists are actually one of the most hated groups of people in the United States. For this reason, it's difficult to admit non-belief in public situations. Only when the topic explicitly comes up in conversation and they are comfortable that their current company will not judge them will the typical atheist or agnostic divulge their religious beliefs.

Later, we all come home to our computers, and non-believers, hidden beneath a protective mask of anonymity, take out their frustration by tearing religious forum-goers apart.

...Thus the dislike of atheists is perpetuated.

At least, that's how in works for U.S. residents. I don't know about the less religious areas of the world.

Best Answer

Unfortunately, whoever thinks that they are right; believer or non, and needs to prove it to others how wrong THEY are are the most annoying of all. BTW, I see MANY MORE christians attack non-christians for JUST asking a question. If they (non-believers) don't immediate pledge their allegiance to what the believer believes in, then the non-believer is called names and talked about and told "you are persecuting me"...for asking a question??? for asking a believer to "give a reason of the hope that is in them (with meekness and fear btw, not anger and arrogance) ....something is sorely NOT RIGHT in the attitude of believers toward non-believers..,.their behavior proves it.

Best Answer

I guess it depends on where you live. I know that Christians in America can be quite loud in their beliefs, but here in South Australia people tend to be very quiet about their beliefs and generally keep their beliefs to themselves, this goes for Christians and people with other spiritual beliefs. I am probably the loudest religious/spiritual person that I know, and even then I will only speak about religion if the topic comes up.

It is mainly my Atheist friends who are bringing up the topic of religion. Some of my Atheist friends will bring it up, out of the blue, in the middle of a conversation about a completely different topic. It's quite annoying when you're at a party with friends, having a few drinks and relaxing when someone keeps bringing up the topic of religion. Even though I love to talk about spirituality get into spiritual debates, sometimes I just want to relax and talk about trivial crap.

In my experience, it is the non-believers but I am sure that it is different for other people.

Best Answer

It's an irritating draw.

Best Answer