Is there anyone else here who feels Don Sterling was victimized by the media which thinks its ok to broadcast our private conversations over the nation airways and violate our first amendment rights to free speech especially since this sting operation was done illegally
ra1000 ra1000 51-55, M 17 Answers Apr 28 in Politics

So being a racist is okay as long as you do it in private?

Best Answer

What did he do that makes him a racist ?

Best Answer

Told his half black girlfriend to stop associating with black people and to stop bringing them to Clipper's games.

Best Answer

That is racism ? Sounds like someone who does not like to associate with black people socially, he might not like to associate with other types of people either but I would not call it racism. You got a dictionary.

Best Answer

And you'd choose to avoid associating with people based solely on their race because you're NOT a racist?

Best Answer

We don't know if he is a racist...But we do know his privacy was definately violated by this black-mexican girlfriend who had a microphone attached and probably sold it for money to TMZ

Best Answer

Again I ask, so its okay to be a racist as long as you do it in private?

Best Answer

Am I the only one with a dictionary, a racist is a person who believes in racism, which is the doctrine that a certain human race is superior to any or another. If you don't like to hang out or see your girlfriend hang out with black people that is not racism. He might be considered a bigot but not a racist. It is an insult to the people who suffered real live institutional racism to call what you heard on TMZ racism.

Best Answer

Webster's Dictionary: poor treatment of or violence against people because of their race. I'd say telling your gf not to hang with people of a certain race is poor treatment.

Best Answer

They're his own words; how is he the victim of a sting? Nobody violated his rights - he has the right to say what he wants and did just that. There are consequences to the things we say.

Best Answer

I find this whole thing stupid ... Sterling is an old man and like most old men most likely not politically correct in what he says. If the guy was racist do you honestly think he'd own an NBA team? ... from what I hear he's had offers over the years for him to sell but he's declined ... I believe the Clippers are well worth over a quarter of a million dollars for a franchise he purchased for like $20 million ... Again if he is racist why not get out while the getting is good then and turn over a nice profit ... While I might not agree with what the guy said ... he does have every expectation of privacy when he thinks private conversations are taking place ... the liberal media of course are going to crucify him as airing a story like that is heroin for them ... they get their fix until the next politcally incorrect thing is said

Best Answer

Its obvious to me this was organized by Magic Johnson and the media to wrest control of the team away from Sterling intro Magic Johnson's hands...

Best Answer

not me

Best Answer

Don't really care anymore than I care what he said. The man does not like his girlfriend to hand out with black people. Instead of arguing with her about who she brings to the game or take pictures with cut off her allowance, she will get the picture. I don't want my girlfriend hanging out with black people either, I find them too disrespectful to women, have you heard the words in some of those rap songs.

Best Answer

Wait for the "out of context thing".....

Best Answer

I do!<br />
just like they did Bundy and Zimmerman.

Best Answer

I feel unless a person is confessing to a crime its no big deal what they say

Best Answer

Yes and no. He can be attacked on both sides, but I think that he was recorded for proof that he was discriminating against blacks and this was meant to bring light to it. You can say whatever you want, but expect a reaction.

Best Answer

Didn't his wife record that?

Best Answer

Yeah a bit. He didnt make a public presentation expoundingnracist views.

Best Answer

Oh, how my heart goes out to the racist millionaire and his mistress.

Best Answer

(Facepalm) I hope he drowns in a river of p1ss.

Best Answer

and we do not know if they are real, or when they were made, or anything

Best Answer

I do see your point, but it's hard for me to feel bad for a man who is seemingly such a bigot. this isn't the first time he's expressed horrible racist views.

Best Answer