cheysghost cheysghost 56-60, F 24 Answers May 19, 2012

george carlin

Best Answer

Can I get an AMEN here!!?

Best Answer

hehehe

Best Answer

Richard Pryor

Best Answer

Oh my during his crack days...

Best Answer

I have three of his comedy concerts on DVD and laugh hysterically each time. The guy can tell the best story and joke...gifted.

Best Answer

Not a stand-up, but Jim "Fibber McGee" Jordan---it's my all time favorite show, TV or radio

Best Answer

I have been listening to Fibber McGee and Molly lately and I laugh out loud

Best Answer

They must have done something right--they were on the air from the early 1930s to the early 1960s and would have been on TV in the 1950s except Marian "Molly McGee" was too sick, dying from cancer, to do a TV series. They tried to make a TV serious with other actors, but it flopped without the originals.

Best Answer

Is that the one with Molly and the closet that was always packed ? I put Amos & Andy right up there, or Jack Benny's sidekick Rochester.

Best Answer

Yes, that's the one. The running gag of the closet. "Gotta straighten out that closet one of these days." I always liked the episode where he opens the c loset, the audience waits for the sound effects of everything tumbling out on top of him (always with that little tinkle of a bell at the end) and---nothing happens. The Molly says, "Oh, I straightened out that closet." I enjoy the Benny radio show, though the more I listen to it the more I find a lot of the humor very mean. Rochester was a hoot because he was so obviously in charge and smarter than Benny. I love Amos 'n' Andy. As Bill Cosby pointed out, not only was it funny, but at the time it was broadcast it was the only show on the air that portrayed blacks as being successful lawyers, businessmen, judges, etc.

Best Answer

Robin Williams would have to be among my finalists.

Best Answer

Such a naturalist!

Best Answer

A little on the hairy side, but a comic GENIUS! Lol!

Best Answer

o creepers you could of left off about him needing to be mowed twice a day...ick

Best Answer

Russell Peters. If you haven't heard his stuff, it's worth a listen.

Best Answer

i shall google him today.

Best Answer

Joe Biden.

Best Answer

oh freaking yeah!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Eddie Izzard!

Best Answer

don't know this one.

Best Answer

He's hilarious. Look up Dress to Kill.
Here's a link to a part--start at 4:00.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMMHUzm22oE&feature=related
And yes, Eddie is a transvestite.
Or the Death Star Canteen...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv5iEK-IEzw

Best Answer

George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Jim Belushi...sprinkle in a little bit of early Woody Allen too. This clip cracks me up each time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmnLRVWgnXU

Best Answer

I never could like woody. Belushi & Ackroyd...what a combo!

Best Answer

Steve Martin/ Richard Pryor

Best Answer

one wild & crazy guy

Best Answer

I loved his King Tut routine

Best Answer

Past: Richard Pryor<br />
Present: Wanda Sykes

Best Answer

Mitt Romney

Best Answer

Andrew Dice Clay...hands down.

Best Answer

Not a prude, but he is like Redd Foxx, too nasty for me.

Best Answer

George Carlin!!!!! <br />
Best Duo... Abott and Costello.

Best Answer

Agree. Then there is Dean Martin &amp; Jerry Lewis.

Best Answer

Don't have a favourite but Billy Connolly would definitely have to be in the running!<br />
I'd also root for Frankie Boyle, Kevin Bridges, Russell Howard, Jason Manford, Michael MacIntyre, Dara O'Brian, Frank Skinner, Andy Parsons, Jimmy Carr, Ed Byrne, Sean Locke, Jon Richardson, Chris Rock and I'm going on a bit but they're all pretty amazing in they're own way!<br />
(Oh, and anyone in the UK that reads this, the O2 Comedy Gala is on tonight at 9 I think on Channel 4 I think! This question just reminded me :)

Best Answer

jeff dunham

Best Answer

oh yeah, but I don't like his new character the blown up son of the Terroist.

Best Answer

i 100% agree

Best Answer

It's hard to pick an absolute favorite, but I'd have to say George Carlin. with Bill Hicks as a close second.

Best Answer

Ha not many know Bill Hicks.

Best Answer

bill murray

Best Answer

yep!

Best Answer

Bob Hope.

Best Answer

with Bing Crosby...what a match.......

Best Answer