I agreed to do an extra shift, just to help out due to staffing issues, and now I really wish I hadn't! I feel I need to clarify! I am going to do the shift, I am just enjoying imaging for a little while what I would do to get out of it! So all you with a high work ethic don't worry! :)
IllusiveLittleMe IllusiveLittleMe 26-30, F 16 Answers Jun 14, 2012

Fake your own death then do a last minute recovery

Best Answer

Put some duct tape on your front bumper like it's holding the light on or something, call in and say you were in a traffic accident and can't make it.

Best Answer

Never tried that one before!

Best Answer

FOOD POISONING.<br />
It's the best excuse simply because it can happen spontaneously, YOU can't be blamed for it, and if anyone questions you about it you can threaten them with gross details. :P<br />
(My coworkers loved that excuse because it also happens to cover the symptoms of hangovers.)

Best Answer

Great idea, only I am a nurse and it takes A LOT of details to gross us out!
Although I like the cover for a handover, could just start drinking and then my problem is solved! (only joking!) :)

Best Answer

I'm in the same situation right now.I'm meant to leave at 23 00,but ther's no way I'm going anywhere from my lovely cosy room!!! I'm not even gonna bother to phone in with<br />
an excuse.It's sleepy time time all the time!

Best Answer

If that were me I'd be feeling another grannies funeral coming on again. A night shift? 200miles away then....

Best Answer

Ok, Since this is just a mind exercise and you are really going to fullfill your committment...you could have said that the pipes broke in the ba<x>sement.

Best Answer

Tell them you have a yeast infection and cant keep your hands out of your crotch.......hahahahaha

Best Answer

Haha! :)

Best Answer

If you call in and say you have SARS... I wouldn't make you come to work.

Best Answer

Good idea, only I will be working in a hospital so that would probably backfire quite nicely! :)

Best Answer

Say "Sorry. My doctor says I need more sleep so I can't work the night shift. Gotta stay healthy!" XD

Best Answer

I am a nurse, so would be telling that to other nurses. Somehow I feel they might see right though it! :)

Best Answer

I think you should just do it because you said you would. <br />
Maybe they'll let you leave early if things are slow enough.

Best Answer

I know I am going to go and do it, I was just enjoying pretending I wasn't for the mental escape! Never get to leave on time, let alone early!

Best Answer

Oh. Just take an energy drink or something, I guess. A double shift is hard! Hopefully, they'll remember you volunteered when the time comes that you need time off.

Best Answer

Because you're not interested in keeping your job j/k

Best Answer

Good idea, honesty being the best policy and all that :)

Best Answer

No joy lol

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

You have to do it, because you made that mistake to say you would.

Best Answer

I know I do but I am just imaging for a little while that I can get out of it! I know full well I will end up doing it :)

Best Answer

Hang in there, you learned something good to know. We all have tried to please others at our expense!

Best Answer