bbtwelve bbtwelve 46-50, F 12 Answers Nov 16, 2012 in Community

Many years ago at summer camp, something (I forget what) was stolen from the camp director, and a ransom note placed demanding a dozen twinkies in payment.<br />
A few days after paying the ransom, the camp director announced that he had the last laugh as he had injected the twinkies with large quantities of the laxative, glycerin.

Best Answer

I never cared for Twinkies but I loved Hostess Cupcakes. I grew up near a Wonder Bread factory where you could smell fresh baked bread 24/7!

Best Answer

I use to sneak twinkies out of my parents room and sell them at school lol

Best Answer

My friend and I in high school would buy one pack of Suzie Q's and one pack of Twinkies after school from the vending machine and split them.. always scrounged for quarters to get to them

Best Answer

I think we are paying for taking them for granted all these years..not buying them...and thinking they will be always be there for us. I don't eat snack cake thingies..not a big fan of sweets...but I will admit..I am sad to see them go. =)

Best Answer

I saw the story yesterday ... according to one "expert" they said it was a pretty good bet that some other company(s) will pick up some of the line ... Twinkies probably still be around but no longer be the beloved Hostess Twinkies .... Could it be Little Debbie Twinkies?? My personal favorite of the Hostess line are the pies and coffee cakes

Best Answer

No more ring-dings. :'(<br />
I don't want to live this life anymore.

Best Answer

There will be a revolt if hostess shuts down.

Best Answer

too late :(

Best Answer

****!

Best Answer

A custodian in a dorm where I worked was assigned to cleaning out the trash chutes of a 12-story building. Sometimes he found "useable" items. One morning he found a box of unopened Twinkies, and gingerly opened them up and took one out, peeled the wrapper and took a bite to see me act squeamish..... I looked him right in the eyes without any emotional ex<x>pression and asked him how it tasted....he said "pretty good, pretty good"....it was then I told him that the filling was green....he spit it out, got a drink of water and said "probably won't make me sick." Didn't see him retrieve food from the chute again.

Best Answer

Wait..what? No more twinkies? I have to look this up! I'm panicking!

Best Answer

they are closing today - the workers couldnt reach an agreement so instead they shut down.

Best Answer

I just read the huffington post articles.. :(

Best Answer