I was in one in Mexico when I was a kid. The ground rolled like it was water, I was terrified, I think I was 9 or 10.

Best Answer

I have seen the inside of a building doing the rolling thing like you said here... the tiled floor. The blades of grass bow *** the wave goes by.

Best Answer

In California in 1993 I guess I was as the foot of Big Bear mountain. It was a 7.2. It was in the mountain. It felt like an angry man had me by the shoulders and shaking me. I felt actual concussion on my shoulders. The VHS tapes shot out of the bookcase and across the room, that was screwed to the wall. I lived there for 10 years. I learned to tell the intensity and how far away it was before seeing the news. So I have felt many.

Best Answer

I've lived in Los Angeles for 18 years - too many smaller ones to count. One big one - Northridge - 4:31 am, Jan 17, 1994. It was a 6.7. They say the local mountains gained 4 inches in elevation in that 30 seconds. Over 400 aftershocks strong enough to feel.

Best Answer

I lived in Redlands Ca.then and felt it from far away.

Best Answer

Seattle in '61 or '62. Very minor but a thrill for a little kid.

Best Answer

I have my whole life. I'm a Southern Californian and earthquakes are not strangers to us. The biggest I ever experienced was the '94 Northridge earthquake and I slept through it.

Best Answer

As a child in California I experienced 2 good ones that I remember. The first one I was in the house and I ran under my bed. The second one I was outside playing in the walnuts trees and my dad ran out of the house and told me to get back inside. He was either furious or scared. I remember seeing the big cracks in the ground that were about 1.5 inches thick and deep.

Best Answer

I live in S. Cal so ya.. I have experienced MANY

Best Answer

I have been in a few, including the 1989 world series quake, I was at the game.

Best Answer

All Southern Californians have and more than one.

Best Answer