courageous1 courageous1 31-35, F 7 Answers Feb 13, 2012

Relationship. <br />
Let me say, ATTEMPTED relationship.<br />
That's one thing about narcissists...I don't think they are ever really in a relationship with anyone else. They just see that other person as an extension or a resource for themselves.<br />
I STILL have to pick up a book on narcissism now and then to remind myself how freaky and unhealthy it was. How I shouldn't love him or pine for him or just MISS him so much. <br />
Gotta keep your feet planted in the REAL world, even when your heart and head aren't cooperating. And never go back.

Best Answer

He has thrown me for a serious loop and it hurts sooo much. How can a person be so cruel and have zero remorse and think they did NOTHING wrong? Also, the sad part is that they don't think that they have a problem so how can they seek help?

Best Answer

Questions you will probably never have a good answer for or understand. They are a breed apart and can only be understood by other narcissists I suppose. You'll just frustrate yourself trying to find a solution to this...I know...I did everything I could and I am still feeling a bit unsettled. Try not to punish yourself any more than you have to...if I understand your situation, you have already been punished enough.
Let go.

Best Answer

I agree - I know that in time my heart will heal. The sad thing is that everything will come back to bite them in the butt. They make comments like "oh well, I will have to deal with the consequences". It is scary bc the power of life and death lies within the tongue. They don't care bc they are detached from emotions.

Best Answer

If you aren't yet MARRIED to the narcissist in question -- get out NOW.

Best Answer

It's worse when the narcissist is a parent or an in-law and your partner cannot or will not grow a pair.

Best Answer

I can imagine that is impossible. There is no room for you in a relationship with somebody who is in one with him/herself.

Best Answer

Experience is the best teacher. I just always thought it was bc he was super smart and very logical. Narcissists are a different breed and will suck the life out of you!

Best Answer

I dated a girl once who was extremely smart, had most of her ducks in a row...But she was just so completely full of herself. She believed she was a Disney princess. She believed everything should've been handed to her on a silver platter, with no thought or inkling of hard work or dedication, without wanting to have to earn it. I put up with her for 2 years because she was great at giving head. And then after a while, even that lost its novelty. She was a huge ***** >_>

Best Answer