Aww I'm sorry, only natural healing for me.

Best Answer

I went to one of the top psychiatrists in the country, also a specialist in psychopharmacology. I suffer from severe depression, and he put me on several meds and we did intensive talk therapy over the past few years. Over time, he would add more meds and increase the dosages. Instead of getting better, I have gotten far worse-- to the point that I am barely able to function at times and am nothing like the person I once was. I questioned my meds, but he convinced me they were necessary and made me feel stupid for questioning, and terrified to consider ever changing them. My family and friends were so worried over this time, they finally got me to go for a second opinion, which I had resisted doing, and it turned out that the meds he had me on were of such a high dose, and were so many, that there was no medical basis for them and I was absolutely made sicker by them. Not to mention, I never should have been on them that long and they were dangerous. It was so severe that in order to change any of them, I had to be hospitalized in a medical facility and have extensive medical testing and monitoring to get off of all the meds. My best advice is to trust your doctor, but do not trust blindly. Always get a second or third opinion, and realize tgat doctors are not God- they are just people. You know yourself best. Do not stand for inaction, and it is your doctor's job to make you feel better, not worse or make you feel bad or stupid for questioning your treatment. Always question and assess where your treatment plan stands and why you are on the meds you are. If they aren't working, or you don't feel good, stand up for yourself or move on to someone new. I was so hesitant to go to someone new bc I felt like I had put in so much effort and time with this other doctor, but I promise you can change and it is not bad at all. Leaving him literally saved my life.

Best Answer

ME. Big time. Turns out I didn't even need them. I went off them by myself very gradually and am much better off now. It is one of the best decisions I have made in a long time. I ended up pretty bad off and just incoherently depressed. <br />
Also, there are a lot of herbal things you can take that are very powerful.

Best Answer

I had been put on so many anti-depressants before, and most would make me worse.. :/ I try to heal naturally as much as possible now.

Best Answer

i have been trying...hence the name for my ep account! But, the sickness keeps coming back. What do you do for you natural healing?

Best Answer

well.. for my anxiety, my husband holds me tight in the midsection of my body and it helps me calm down. Then for colds and throat issues I take honey, teas and other natural things like ginger and garlic..

Best Answer

oh and for my body pains from arthritis I rub eucalyptus and jojoba oils onto the area with inflammation and pain.

Best Answer

No. Mine is actually a bit less hazy with my meds.

Best Answer

My life was ruined by psych drugs. I had to work in the field before I figured it out. Please read my book on Amazon It is call Psych Trap by Antoinette Kirby RN. The e version is only 3 bucks and will download to your computer. Not making a dime off this, just trying to spread the word

Best Answer

Add a response...

Best Answer

Psychiatric meds completely robbed me of my life. I had to work as a psych nurse to figure out something was wrong. I researched and found colleagues who had also been damaged. Read my book on Amazon: Psych Trap by 'Antoinette Kirby RN. The e version is only about 3 bucks. Not making money, just trying to spread the word.

Best Answer

I was heavily drugged a a child by my parents but because the school insisted I had problems. Was on practically every antidepressant adhd med as they came out over the years 1999-2008 from what I can remember it started with ritalin and from what I remember strattera concerta and prozac together landed me in a mental facility. From there I came out on depicote resperital tegrital lithium after that abilify geodon then I finally had enough nodding off on the damn bus and coming too across town and I stopped taking the drugs, throwing them away. I'm 24 now and I am manically depressed like crazy I have to damn near fistfight myself to get my *** up and to work sometimes leading to episodes if extreme psychotic rage. I just want to feel normal everyday I'm at the end of my rope on this I just want to be normal!!!

Best Answer

I've been taking meds for bipolar disorder for years, they changed the way I look and feel to the extreme. The person I was is gone and I'm working on establishing a new identity. I never wanted my born identity or my background and religion, it's all gone. Thank God, psychotropic drugs take their toll so beware people.

Best Answer