At a backyard barbecue last sunday two men got into a fight, pulled guns and started randomly shooting, 23 are injured, 2 dead. I wonder if anyone outside of Toronto heard about this? Or do people not really care? It's being compared to the columbine shooting and other mass shootings? What is going on that is causing all this violence?
WeAllFallDown WeAllFallDown 18-21, F 9 Answers Jul 20, 2012

are you going to scarborough fair? bring a bullet proof vest with you there.

Best Answer

I doubt there will be parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme.

Best Answer

We've been busy with the Temerson Square shooting in my town (guy showed up with an AK and unloaded into a bar at 1AM, wounding 17 people), and apparently some guy shot/gassed dozens in a movie theater in Denver today, many dead.

Best Answer

what is going on in the world right now? Is there more violence today or is it just more broadcasted?

Best Answer

I think that most of the shootings in Toronto and Ottowa are done by black gang members. Not too many white suspects or victims. I am not a racist, just pointing out the facts.

Best Answer

it is true, but that's because the major populations in the areas of the shooting are mostly balck, so it's a higher probability

Best Answer

Yes, but areas that are predominately white don't have the same level of violence. It is the black areas where the shootings happen.

Best Answer

No but I have heard of the Scarborough Rapist ,Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka!

Best Answer

long time ago...but should never be forgotten. I watched the movie on it that was told from karla's perspective. If you're interested it's called karla. It was weird to watch knowing exactly what streets and towns the story talks about, especially one as gruesome as the scarborough rapist.

Best Answer

Yes gruesome is understatement ,I've seen the movie too!

Best Answer

It only seems so bad because the news reported it.

Best Answer

so if the news hadn't reported a 25 victim count, that would be less disturbing?

Best Answer

I don't even remember posting this. I must of been drinking.

Best Answer

It was not a backyard bbq. It was a block party. Which explains the large number of people there. I hear they are blaming it on the reemergence of gangs that used to do similar back in late 90s till about 2004. The ones they arrested to break these gangs up are getting out of prison.

But I do not think much ends up in the news about Canada very often here in the states. We hear about the stupid bridge all the time but very little else.

Best Answer

interesting, thanks for your answer. I always wondered what americans heard about canadian news, knowing how much we know about american news.

Best Answer

I'm sad that it had to happen in Canada however if it happened in the states it be much worse. out of 200 people at a BBQ it doesn't seem as bad but still a great stain on the history of us being a peaceful place.

As to the why, I regard Toronto as a little ny ny and we live in a increasingly violent and 'me first' society.

Keep in mind that this is the media stating and exploiting the extremeness of the situation but in terms of deaths, we have more deaths from car accidents and preventable diseases that aren't really news worthy because it's not dramatic enough.

Best Answer

i think the reason the news is covering it is because though there weren't many deaths, it was a block party with many children present. A three year old was shot. I mean, any news cast, american or canadian would be on that. It is not overdramaticized, gun violence is increasing in the toronto area, and that shooting was a great example of it.

Best Answer