The only grandpa I've ever known is in the hospital and I'm scared sh!tless that something is gonna happen to him. I'm not at all ready to lose another loved one in less than a year. What's worse is that he's in Jordan and I'm here in California.
InTheMiddle88 InTheMiddle88 22-25, F 9 Answers May 27, 2012

i lost my grandpa abouta year and a half ago now i cried that night then the next day i got up and started supporting my family members. I still cry some tims at nigt but only when im by myself

Best Answer

Well I pretended to feel bad about there "tragic" deaths in the car accident, sunglasses really help with that. Didn't really feel bad about, they weren't that important. I then proceeded to buy a Ferrai with there will money. Don't ask why.. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Best Answer

I knew all of mine. It was rough dealing with their losses one by one. It wasn't just hard for me, but they would leave a spouse behind. That can't be easy if you've been together for over 40 years or more.

I dealt with it by mourning their loss of course, but also remembering the good times I had with them.

Go to that hospital and face your fears. Trust me, I know what hospitals are like from experience and lots of it. Your grandpa is also probably scared even if he doesn't admit it. Make his last days happy, and see him, and tell him you love him unless you don't feel all that strongly about your grandfather. Some people don't. I'm not busting your chops if that's your case either.

If you do love him, go see him. It's not an easy place to visit, but you will make quite an impression if he is lonely and scared, and you could very well make him the happiest ever even if it's just for a little while visiting and talking. Hospitals are lonely and scary places no matter how nice the doctors and nurses are. Trust me.

Best Answer

Lonely and scary. That's a hospital for you. I practically grew up in them. It's rough, and company is welcome, but not always when you withdraw from life.

Best Answer

By thinking of the good times, knowing that they would hate you to be unhappy - I believe that our loved ones can look down on us and still give us their love even after they pass on. I still think of the family I've lost and it takes time for the pain to diminish, but don't worry that's normal. There's no quick fix...but now I can think of my grandma/dad and my mom and be happy they didn't suffer too long and they are in a better place.

Best Answer

When I was 12 I've lost them all ! They had cancer :( I wasn't really enough to know what death means! But now I do ! Really hurting losing people

Best Answer

I was fortunate enough to know and have wonderful relationships with ask of my grandparents. It is a tremendous loss that leaves a void in one's life. Those are some of my fondest memories.

Best Answer

I lost my last two grandparents within the last three years. I miss them very, very much. I'm just thankfull that I had these two wonderfull people in my life until I was forty three! The pain doesn't go away, but I can think of so many things they did for me and so many funny moments, that I always end up smiling!

Best Answer