Missmathematics Missmathematics 46-50, F 13 Answers Feb 10, 2013 in Hobbies

You would probably not know the differance unless you where eating a streak. And then you would have to be looking out for it. <br />
horses eat the same foods as cows and end up tasting the same. But people should be sold what they are told they are buying. It's a deception and since there are rules as to what cattle can be fead and different rules for horses then it is possiable that contaminants can get into horse meat that would not get into Cattle meat.

Best Answer

yeah i agree since they were in the cheapest selling burgers. Nothing wrong with healthy horse meat if people like it. personaly i think horses are to beautiful to eat

Best Answer

Well you also have to consider if they allow them to get away with using horse meat then it will not be long before they are mashing up dog and cat meat or even rat meat into burgers. There has to be a Zero tollerance for this kind of scam. People should get what they are told they are getting.

Best Answer

I feel sure that I will have had it in France, when I was younger and buying cheap cuts of meat when camping, as one day I was back at a meat counter and a kind lady said that she noticed we were English and thought we did not normally eat horse.<br />
I also feel sure I will have had it in Italy, as Bresaola, which is air-dried cured meat, like jerky but soft, thin and tender. When you look at labels of pre-packs, they translate as wild boar, beef and horse varieties, all very tasty.<br />
My 'beef' about the current situation is that food should be properly labelled and that some horses are full of undesirable drugs, not making their meat fit for consumption.

Best Answer

yes its the labeling of food content thats poor and the people monitoring the food industry must be lacking

Best Answer

Not me. Not knowingly, at least .

Best Answer

i know who can say for sure whats on the plate

Best Answer

Perhaps most of us has tasted it and don't know it.

Best Answer

yip i think you could be right

Best Answer

Time for the people to boycott the businesses who used horse meat as a substitute for other meat. They want to get greedy and buy cheap meat and deceive their customers, it's time to teach them a good lesson. I don't eat fast food and buy my meat here in the U.S. only from stores that have in-house butchers. I also don't eat frozen entrees with meat in them.

Best Answer

It's not what is advertised for one thing and medications and chemicals that aren't approved for food animals are being used on horses, they can be dangerous to humans. I don't eat at fast food restaurants as it is but that's one more reason why others shouldn't.

Best Answer

well said i totally agree

Best Answer

yeah maybe so we need more info about what we are eating....the fact is that the horse meat may not have been good grade meat &amp; people didn't know it was in the burgers

Best Answer

yip its discusting to think what goes into fast food no wonder its called junk food.

Best Answer

When I lived in a rural area outside of town 34 years ago I worked with a lady who was a neighbor, her husband would raise calf to butcher every couple of years so they had good beef. One was about 2 months away from being ready to butcher and her husband noticed a big swelling on it's face, he called the vet who diagnosed it as cancer of the face. He didn't want to butcher it and took it to the stockyards, told the auctioneer to announce it had cancer even though it wouldn't bring much $$ thinking it would be purchased by a dog food company, and when he got the sales ticket back McD's had bought it. That turned me off to McDonalds from then on.

Best Answer

i dont doubt that, there was a tumour found in a K fried meal

Best Answer

Was that from the food or did someone put it there to make a lawsuit?

Best Answer

as far as i know it was in the meat i dont know what the outcome of it was. i doubt it would be easy for someone to get a chicken tumour and just put it there. no doubt though the person served the meal would have be compensated by a cash sum

Best Answer

UK only from the reports.

Best Answer

yeah i know it happened in the uk i just wanted to know anyone that had tasted horse meat....its supposed to be popular in some countries

Best Answer

Beef apparently, if this horse meat scandal is anything to go by.

Best Answer

ha ha clever

Best Answer