Goldystar Goldystar 18-21, F 7 Answers Jan 2 in Health

How about acute psychosis for two and a half years solid ? And 8 months in a locked psychiatric hospital because of it?

Best Answer

What brought on your extended bout with psychosis I am wondering.

Best Answer

Did it happened to you ? I hope you are recovered !

Best Answer

Thanks, yes, it happened to me. No one with my diagnosis fully recovers (depending on who you ask) but I have recovered enough to live on my own, own a car, work part-time, and take online classes. I'm a hundred times better at age 52 than when I was 19.

Best Answer

Paranoid schizophrenia at age 19.

Best Answer

yes it was along time ago 26 yrs ago I had to sign the papers to turn my babies life support off he was very ill and wasnt going to survive then 23yrs ago my next baby died from a heart attack at 28 days. It stuffed my head for a very long time

Best Answer

That must have been almost impossible. I am so sorry.

Best Answer

I look back now and I thought I was going to lose my mind but Im strong and I fumbled my way through it cause back then it just wasnt really talked about The help wasnt there like it is now :)

Best Answer

It is realy admirable to be recovered from such incident .

Best Answer

I think everyone has.. Some are just different than others. I witnessed a lot of abuse. I got some too but i mostly had to watch.

Best Answer

Sorry to hear...

Best Answer

How did you recovered from it ?

Best Answer

It's ok, it was a long time ago. And I haven't recovered from it yet but I'm working on it.

Best Answer

I have been through several in this lifetime.

Best Answer

I am psychologically damaged due to early childhood trauma, add all the bullsh** I have endured since then, and I will never fully recover.

Best Answer

Guess being beaten into a coma, starved for two years and neglected would count as such...

Best Answer

I hope you have had some counselling around that, and still are.

Best Answer

Not at the moment had but was useless and think will again once I can get to someone I can actually sort of trust... My mum was in that business and my adopted mum is read to much to fall for their stupid tricks... So yeah has to be someone who truly cares...

Best Answer

I am talking to my parents about consulting some counsilor , i hope it will helg . Thank you for answering !

Best Answer

Did you recovered from it ?

Best Answer

I am still recovering... Was in hospital for allmost 6 months and it's about 2.5 years ago...

Best Answer

I wake up same as you, and I am a big strong pipeline worker. But it gets better with time and having people that care and understand is the best help. Professional people, for them it is easy to tell you answers but caring is the most important thing, you are very smart.

Best Answer

Thanks... But that's my mums knowledge learned at a young age that for many people the reason to study psychology is their own messed up life and brain...

Best Answer

I hope you will recover soon ! Trauma can be quite frightening experience . My good wishes are with you !

Best Answer

Thanks good luck to you too it helps to know the people who did it are in jail, hope one they every one who's responsible for it will be... Florida sadly had or has a problem with cys...

Best Answer

I hope you won't mind but how did it happen to you ?

Best Answer

My mum died when my baby sis was born we ended up in foster care and had bad luck there... My baby sis was loved when she was convenient me and my twin tolerated at best... Blamed for everything that went wrong at worst... Did my best to shield my sisters... After unsuccessfully reporting them made it even worse... Didn't take long for my twin to just be ignored and me being the fault in everything...

Best Answer

I hope everything is ok for you now !

Best Answer

I'm in a good place now... Back with my family my oldest sis and her husband adopted us so yeah things are good...

Best Answer

I have had PTSD for some time, although it is no longer a problem other than occasional vivid dreams and I wake up, feeling in dandeg of being killed or having just escaped being killed. Makes for pretty invigorating wakeups, kinda like working out in your sleep. But you get used to it and move on. Why do you ask?

Best Answer

Hi, i have experienced a suicide case and i still havent recovered from it , how did you cope with your trauma situation ?

Best Answer

I had to fight as hard as I could to remain functional as I tried to put the pieces back together. I had understanding people around me that knew what I had been through and understood it is not something that very many people would ever have to endure. I learned first not to "wear" it on my face and my behavior. I had professional help and a very solid sister. And for the people I loved, it wasn't a fight I could lose. people needed me.

Best Answer