I resist going to sleep, and then to make things a bit worse, I've got Sleep maintenence insomnia, which means I don't sleep the whole night through. The cause of my sleep issues is Anesthesia Awareness, which caused PTSD. OFTEN, PPl W/ PTSD have sleep issues.

Best Answer

I have insomnia..... think it is related to the menopause. Hate it when I cannot sleep. If you can try having naps in the day..... a 20 minute nap can make all the difference. If I get my sleep I can cope with just about anything. Without it I am a basket case. :(

Best Answer

didn't take my pills and ran out of them.

Best Answer

possible reasons<br />
lack of exercise, not tired enough<br />
worry, anxiety<br />
too much stimulation<br />
disturbed sleep rhythm from shift work<br />
current patterns don't match your natural diurnal rhythm<br />
fear of traumatic dreams and nightmares<br />
too many bedclothes, sleeping too hot<br />
trying looking up "causes of insomnia" on Goggle, <br />
I thought the Mayo clinic site was good, but so are lots of others

Best Answer

i wish i have one so that i can do more work. as for the cause, think about it, what is the one thing that keeps you awake at night? usually some emotional problem or a work that is due some time in the very near future. therefore stress. if you're not feeling anything like that as of the moment, then you are either ignoring that problem/deadline of yours or you don't know your problem

Best Answer

Too much thing going on in my mind when I try to sleep. Try to empty your thought~

Best Answer

Stress and anxiety are the most common causes. If this isn't normal for you, it should go away on its own. If you have persistent problems with sleeplessness, please talk to your doctor about it.

Best Answer

I don't think a doctor could help except for giving me pills

Best Answer

He might be able to refer you someplace else, either to a sleep clinic, or to someone who can help you find the reason for the insomnia. It couldn't hurt. Continued lack of sleep is disabling.

Best Answer

mine is caused by ep.... ep is my addiction as well

Best Answer

I’d like to discuss with all of you that have DSPS the use of Medical Marijuana, aka weed or pot, for DSPS.

While Medical Marijuana is considered legal in several of the USA states, and it is also approved for recreational use in some of the same states, it is still a hotly debated subject and I do hope that my post here concerning its use for DSPS will not cause any problems.

I have DSPS, Fibromyalgia (FMS), severe migraines and severe insomnia (which I have now learned is actually DSPS) and a few other minor symptoms caused by the above mentioned. I’d like to tell you my age of 52 years old so that some of you will not think I am a kid promoting marijuana use for fun. I’d also like to tell you that I was a Nurse specializing in prescription medication for many years and an Herbalist/Homeopathic Practitioner (went to college for both and earned my degrees in each), so I do know what I am talking about when it comes to alternative treatment for illnesses and diseases.

We all know what DSPS can do and how it affects each of us, so I want to touch on FMS so that you will understand that too. With FMS your muscles are in pain all of the time to some degree. The neurotransmitters in the brain of people with FSM constantly misfire sending messages to the muscles that they are in pain but they actually are not. This in turn makes the muscles tighten, twitch, spasms and cramp causing the pain and a lot of discomfort to the point of just having something touch your skin or press on it makes you hurt and gives you pain. Most doctors will prescribe first thing a prescription for a pain killer medication but what FMS people need more is a relaxant. Pain pills only mask the symptoms and do nothing for relieving the cause. A muscle relaxant will relax the muscles so that they can rest and heal and thus reducing the pain.

As with DSPA we also need to relax our brains so that we can get relaxed and in turn get some much needed sleep and rest. A prescription muscle relaxor will help with this a little bit but they are designed for muscles and relaxing them, not the brain. This is where Medical Marijuana (Cannabis) comes into play.

I have found that using the Medical Marijuana Indcia strain of at least 50% Indcia or more is the best for helping to relax both mind and muscles and get some sleep for both DSPS and FMS. The Indcia strain is a relaxant. The Cannabis family has two species Indcia and Sativa and most strains of Marijuana are composed of a mix of both family strains and they differ fundamentally in their chemical composition, physiological aesthetic, and medical application. Some Marijuana is a pure strain of either Indica or Sativa. I will speak only on the Indica strain at this time since this is what helps with DSPS and FSM.

Indica strains relax muscle and work as general analgesics, also helping with sleep and pain. Indica's chemical profile shows a more balanced mix, with moderate THC levels and higher levels of CBD. Indica buds will be thick and dense, with flavors and aromas ranging from pungent skunk to sweet and fruity. The smoke from an Indica is generally a body type effect, relaxing and laid back. Indica's higher CBD than THC equals a much heavier, sleepy type of high. Indica plants have a heavy, stony high that is relaxing and can help different medical problems. The Indica strain also increases energy and appetite, reduces nausea, reduces or eliminates muscle spasms, tremors, tension, stress, chronic pain and pain relief, arthritic and rheumatic stiffness and swelling/ inflammation, insomnia, anxiety, induces sleep, sleep disorders, insomnia, sedation, reduces seizures, reduces intra-occular pressure, bronchio-dilator and expectorant, relieves headaches and migraines, and related conditions. Indica generally more physical than cerebral, however, the relief of physical symptoms can have a positive psychological effect

There is not much research into the medicinal effects of different strains. Most people rely on word of mouth and trial and error to choose a strain that works for them. In saying that, most people will have to experiment on what Indica mix and how much to smoke will work for them and what they are seeking for it to accomplish. The Indica varieties or ones with more Indica percentage often make them more suitable for evening and nighttime use. It is also important to remember that just as every person’s physiological make-up is slightly different, the subjective experience of using cannabis medicinally is also different for everyone. The most popular Indica strains for sleep/insomnia and pain are currently Kush, Northern Lights, White Widow, Chocolate Chunk, Blue Berry, Grand Daddy Purple, Paraplegic Kush and Super Noff.

A good Indica/Sativa cross can also offer the best of both worlds. There are many breeders who work hard to develop strains that will accomplish just that to give you a great head high coupled with a relaxing and definitely medically beneficial strong body stone. Therefore, smoking a pure Sativa or mostly Sativa hybrid will make you feel great, energetic and social and ready for fun! And depending on the particular strain of Sativa-Indica cross you smoke, you may get a good measure of pain relief in the deal as well. In saying this, if you need to function in the daytime or during a social event or at work a good mixed strain of Sativa and Indica would be a good choice.

If one has never been a marijuana smoker then a very small dosage will work in the beginning. If one has used marijuana before or you are or have been a smoker then you will know more about how to regulate your dosage as you find the right strain/mix for you. I have found for myself that using a “one hitter”, which is a very small amount, works well for me. I will take 1-3 one hits around 9:00pm – 11:00pm to begin with. At about 1:00am to 2:00am I will do another 1-2 one hits and after a little bit, perhaps an hour or so, I am then ready to crawl into bed feeling relaxed and ready to sleep.

While I mentioned above some of the best strains for insomnia and pain they are not always easy to get a hold of especially if you live in a non-Medical Marijuana state. In time, I do hope that Medical Marijuana will go Nation Wide! It’s a natural plant that has been around since the dawn of time and was put in this good green earth by our Creator for a purpose. My Native American Indian Ancestors used it frequently. I do hope his post will help some of you.

1. What Are the Differences between Cannabis Indica and Cannabis Sativa, and How Do They Vary in Their Potential Medical Utility?

2. How to Choose a Medicinal Cannabis Strain?

3. The Weed Blog

4. Patients Marijuana

5. Medical Marijuana Strains

Best Answer