Questionator Questionator 26-30 189 Answers Jan 1, 2013 in Community

Question of the Day

My Dad. I learned more about him after he died then when he was alive. We never really got along and I never thought he liked me. A few days before he died he pulled me into his office and said he loved me and he was sorry if I grew up thinking I disappointed him. He didn't want to die leaving me wondering if he loved me. Every day I think of something I like or a hobby I have and it's all thanks to him. He bought me drums and guitars and now I've been playing for 16 years. He's the only person who noticed my love of music even when he knew nothing about it. I was a difficult kid and never appreciated anything. Only now I realize Dad is the only one who never laughed at me. When I was little, I wanted to be an Aerospace engineer. What little girl wants to be an aero/engineer? He bought model rockets and he bought a brand new Dodge truck for his work truck just because it was my truck on the planet! He took me to rodeos and we hung out at 50s style diners. He got me into oldies music. He didn't think I was crazy when wanted to go to school for Crime Scene Processing or Interrogation. <br />
He owned a construction company, but what I didn't know is that he would wear his dirty clothes to the soup kitchen downtown and get a soup and sandwich so he could sit with the homeless and get to know them and talk. Each day he went he donated $1,000 to the homeless shelter to 'pay' for everyones lunch. When he was declining in health and the ALS was taking over, he moved from crutches to a wheelchair in a matter of days. My parents house is an huge 11 bedroom house with lots of stairs. They had no time to get ready for a wheelchair ramp because it happened so fast. All us kids are moved out and so when we weren't there visiting or hanging out or at work, my little tiny arthritic Mom with a bum knee was dragging and pulling my Dad up and down the stairs and in and out of the car into his wheelchair. One day they came home and someone built him a wheelchair ramp on the outside of the house. It turns out a few years prior, a lady in my parents LDS ward had a husband who fell ill and was wheelchair bound the very next day. My Dad got word of it and got his construction crew to her house and built a ramp for him (and her), no questions asked, no charge, just a friendly gesture....the same family came by when my parents were gone and built him a ramp in return. When he passed away, the his boy scouts knew he loved the American Flag. When we went to the church for the funeral they circled the entire church with 500 flags. It was breathtaking! When it was my turn to speak I got to the pulpit and got weak in the knees seeing hundreds of people filling the church and gym overflow packed to the corners. It was crazy seeing strangers faces I've seen casually walking down the street and friends of friends that didn't know he was my Dad until they saw me standing up. They all knew him. He inspires me. His acts of kindness LITERALLY brought an entire community t

Best Answer

I need to mention my Mom too. She was so amazing during this entire experience of taking care of my Dad.

Best Answer

Thank you! I'm going to try my best! Sorry to hear of your neighbor. It's such a terrible disease. It's spreading like wildfire through his side of the family. I bet your neighbor ABSOLUTELY LOVED that bath. My Dad's favorite part of the day was taking a shower in the bathroom they built on the first floor. The little luxuries we take for granted.

Best Answer

EP members

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

Everyone?

Best Answer

Hey! What about Cheese? He is just as cool!!

Best Answer

:) aww

Best Answer

Jesus

Best Answer

Charles Manson and Bianca.

Best Answer

that's not funny.

Best Answer

Killing Sharon Tate's unborn child was the most disgusting act in modern history of "mass murder". He did not do it, he instructed others. All in the same.

Best Answer

me too

Best Answer

My wife, WildSpectrumArts. She is a great doctor, wonderful wife, trusted confidant, excellent lover, sexy, smart woman and soon-to-be-mother.

Best Answer

I am very happy for you both :) enjoy this time together it will be crazy for a spell when they first come.

Best Answer

Thanks. It is the quiet calm before the celebration.

Best Answer

WildSpectrumArts inspires me too. I am encouraged by her focus when she talks about being in medical school. It gives me hope that I will make it through nursing school.

Best Answer

Thank you. That is very kind of all of you.

Best Answer

Awww.....:D

Best Answer

Jesus Christ

Best Answer

Everyday people who strive to make the world a better place!

Best Answer

nothing

Best Answer

My ****

Best Answer

Who is you ****? You named him, didn't you?

Best Answer

“I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves.”<br />
-----Ernesto Che Guevara----<br />
This rebellious is just very liberating and inspiring for me, he was moved by poverty and hunger and always fought against capitalism and injustice so became one of the most famous revolutionaries who marked history in South America and all over the world

Best Answer

Mahatma Gandhi<br />
Mother Teresa<br />
Milton Erickson<br />
Gene Krupa<br />
Mickey Hart

Best Answer

Joseph Stalin.

Best Answer

grrrrr.

Best Answer

WTHeck....lol

Best Answer

People who devote their lives/careers to public service.

Best Answer

Children who are innocent, speak their mind and are honest without hurting anyone intentionally. They're our future and they give us hope as well as bringing a smile to our faces...

Best Answer

Peza

Best Answer

Nedkelly...lol

Best Answer

God who then provides me with inspiration and ecouragement to encourage and assist others even when I am going through so many rough spots in my own life. "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" Philippians 4:13

Best Answer

I'm with you.

Best Answer

The people that stick up for the underdog

Best Answer

My parents

Best Answer

Every single cancer patient who decided to " fight" this disease. They all are my heros , as I wouldn't be able to do what they have done. They are truly Survivors. -- I am not!

Best Answer