Disturbingly, a great many people are as ignorant as Newt or he wouldn't even be a glitch on the politcal map.

Best Answer

I would also like to point out that some jobs, like Americorps, for example, give out food stamps as part of their benefits package. Franking Newt. Let's just ship him to the moon.

Best Answer

Will the moon take him?

Best Answer

Not sure, we could always secure him with a chain. He'd just bob around for the rest of his life.

Best Answer

IF we give him a big enough oxygen tank. I'm just saying.

Best Answer

Who said we were giving him oxygen? By 'the rest of his life,' I meant the two seconds it would take for him to stop breathing.

Best Answer

Really. He has enormous balls to just spout one lie after the other without flinching. No wonder he got three women to sleep with him.. though I suspect Callista is a dude. The only thing bigger than his balls is his humongous.. EGO.

Best Answer

The word would be "Republicans".

Best Answer

I think he may be simplyfying that statement when he makes it. What is accurate is that the economy has not improved enough to create the jobs. That takes time. He can argue that Obama is not doing enough maybe, but the foodstamp thing is more of a bumper sticker slogan.

Best Answer

I think that people that are making a bog deal out of a campaign slogan are grasping at straws, If the worst you can say about Newt is that he cracked wise about the president you are indeed in trouble.

Best Answer

i think a fair amount of the responsibility for food stamp dependence lies with the people themselves.

Best Answer

move to where the jobs are. mind you, i'm not saying it's all their fault or even mostly their fault. just partially.

Best Answer

Oh, I think he knows better. I just think that he's banking on some of us being ignorant enough to believe him.

Best Answer

An arguemnt he could make is that not enough jobs are being created keeping people on food stamps. He could also say that Obama hasn't found the right medium for the group that tend to start businesses. Whoever the president is, has to try to talk to both sides effectively.

Best Answer

Well said. This should be an interesting election year.

Best Answer

I believe he has tried to talk to both sides effectively, but how do you talk to someone who is so clueless about what food stamps are for in the first place and then uses that ignorance to make a blanket statement which others will surly hang their hat on as “we need to get rid of the food stamp program.” The food stamp as well as other public aid is to try and level the playing field for those that don’t have the basics to start out with. And now that the economy has taken a dive there is more need for it for a longer period of time. You will never ever hear a Republican tell you that. The days of pull yourself up by your boot straps is long gone. You would have to have a lot less people and a lot more available jobs.
The deal is, it’s a hell of a lot easier to get out of bed and go try and find a job when there are eggs in the fridge and boots to put on.

Best Answer

Best Answer