In a situation where you tell someone a piece of information that could harm another, and that someone then tells others through the grapevine, who is the one that is responsible for the harm of gossip? It was not intended originally as gossip but as a way of venting frustrations. Additional insight: Is there something wrong with venting? EP Link
anon1410 anon1410 31-35, M 15 Answers Nov 15, 2012

A told B a piece of information, also adding do not repeat it. B told C with the same request. C told D and the rest. B can not blame anyone else but themselves. They were the original first weak link.

Best Answer

Why not person A? Others in this response say it was person A's fault for starting it.

Best Answer

I think person A had a need to confide in another person. It happened to me, I told one friend something, in confidence. She repeated it to another friend and so on. I was mad at the person I had confided in. People have confided in me and I have NEVER repeated it. We all need to talk at times. Of course I made a mistake in trusting my friend and would never trust her again, in fact we are no longer friends.

Best Answer

thank you for sharing

Best Answer

I agree with your answer too

Best Answer

First person who opened their fool mouth.

Best Answer

what in your experience makes you say this?

Best Answer

I was the first person to open his fool mouth before. More than once actually.

Best Answer

Sorry to hear that others breached your trust.

Best Answer

Do you not realize that when you talk about something that can harm someone else, (call it venting if you like) you are breaching THEIR trust.

Best Answer
Best Answer

sorry....you are the one the original person told in confidence...you betrayed trust by sharing with another.

Best Answer

The person who initiated the breach of privacy or who began the defamation seems most responsible.

Best Answer

Who would be the one who breached privacy? Who would be the one who started the defamation? Or is it all?

Best Answer

You know that better than any of us. You know the parties. We don't.

Best Answer

Could the act of venting be the breach of privacy in your opinion?

Best Answer

Look up privacy, and look up defamation. Read about it, if you are so inclined. I can't be giving lessons on tort law, here in a message board.

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing.

Best Answer

I think you are

Best Answer

Best Answer

The one who trusted the person they told in the first place. That's the one most responsible because they knew what could happen and decided to tell to someone potentially untrustworthy anyway.

Best Answer

thanks for sharing

Best Answer

...the one who don't stop it before its too late

Best Answer

Creative response... implicates all...

Best Answer

thanks for sharing

Best Answer

Whoever open their mouth first!!

Best Answer

implicates all

Best Answer

thanks for sharing

Best Answer

you started the gossip granted it spread further than you wanted but it began with you

Best Answer

pay attention to pixelbest's response. /:-/

Best Answer

I do not agree

Best Answer

fair enough. i was more concerned about delivery-it, to me, is very aggressive. thank you for sharing.

Best Answer

The one who started the gossips. Whether they like it or not, they opened their mouth to others.

Best Answer

who would start the gossip in this case-- the person who vents or the other?

Best Answer

The person who vents, trusted the person...the other had the courage to break that trust and splatter the news. Everytime a person hears something, there's always an extra which is added. People need to hear things from the horses mouth.

Best Answer

thanks for sharing.

Best Answer

The one who twisted the story, the one who started the story, meant it for good, good intentions, maybe with the known risk of it being changed through Chinese wispers. So the one who changed it, if we don't speak up about things we think we shouldn't because of how the reaction may be, because of the way social things are etc.. then what are we, opinion-less.

Best Answer
Best Answer

OMG! *throws hands in the air* People! Stop trusting others!

Best Answer

What prompted this response?

Best Answer

The original story teller. Never trust anyone to keep your confidence.

Best Answer

thanks for sharing

Best Answer

The idiot that spewed his brains out to another person. Some people just have diarrhea of the mouth.

Best Answer

implicates all

Best Answer