Questionator Questionator 26-30 102 Answers Oct 9, 2012 in Community

Question of the Day

my 19 yr old daughter, born very sick & blind.. she has been on meds. all her life, & always will, & shots, every night since 3 yrs old...SHE is a TRUE survivor!!!!

Top Answer #1
Best Answer

I admire the person I had to be in order to heal and have courage to go on and thus turn into the person I am now - a true survivor.

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

A friend of our family has had 8 children and 7 of them have died. She has also survived an abusive marriage (how one of her children died) and is crippled with Rhumatoid athritis so lives every day with extreme pain, yet somehow she keeps going and is one of the most optimistic people I've ever met :o)

Best Answer

My grandmother. She lost 3 sons to a genetic disease after long painful fights. She herself fought of breast and colon cancer, after being given 3 weeks to live. Any non-vital organ in her belly has been removed, in addition to parts of several vital ones. She lost the love of her life after 55 years together to yet another long painful cancer fight. One home was lost in a hurricane. Yet she still is the most optimistic person I know.

Best Answer

My friend Marwan, a cancer patient back in the day, he really believed that life is worthwhile so he kept laughing , joking and seized every moment of his last days till he miraculously regained his hair and SURVIVED...

Best Answer

The whole human race... We have all faced catastrophe's on a global scale... some caused by ourselves, others from natural disasters, but through everything, in the end, we pull together, we reach for each other, something inside is stirred to compassion, to care, to be united, as human beings (not only as nations, and groups, etc) but as human beings... I think that good will overcome evil, and it is because we are survivors! It is within us all to love.

Best Answer

my friend DENISE, survived child molestation, child abuse, rape, kid napping, cancer, a cheating husband, and a husband turning gay.

Best Answer

I don't want to toot my own horn..but I admire myself and consider myself a true survivor because of what I have been dealing with all my life regarding my health. My Doctors say I am like an animal I have 9 lives.....

Best Answer

My wife. I first met her in 1982 when she came to work for the company where I was employed. She and her family came to a few company picnics and she seemed to be very conscientious about her work. In 1991, she was in my office for some information and commented about my family, seeing all the photos around. I told her looks can be deceiving and she told me a little about her family. We agreed to have lunch and discuss more about family situations. Neither of us was really interested in an affair, just talking.<br />
Then, I found out just what an abusive relationship she was in. Her husband was psychologically and physically abusive and had been almost from the beginning. She had tried to get away, but he kept finding her and dragging her back home. Finally she was getting the strength to get out, thanks to friends who were supporting her emotionally. Over the next year, she suffered additional abuse when he tried to kidnap her and force her back home. The police were getting tired of his actions, but couldn't do anything except to advise her to keep a gun handy and not be afraid to use it. She filed for divorce, finally. His answer to that was to attempt to hire a man to kill her. The man went to the police and her husband was arrested. Long story short from here: She got her divorce in 1992 and he kept his distance.<br />
In the meantime, my marriage had been on the rocks for a few years, so my wife and I called it quits. During all of the thing that were happening with my work friend, we grew closer and realized we had a lot in common. I credit her with directing us through a reboot of our lives. Thanks to her, I got stronger and less stressed. We now have a wonderful life together!

Best Answer

my mom she's 59 years old had her first heart surgery fourteen years ago and another just last month. strong women.

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

So m any to count in my life but most-my roommates mother-she raised her four kids pretty much alone and now her kidneys are failing . Her body is turning to stone-legs stone hard because of getting kidney dialisys three times a week. Lives in her own place and never complains. Has quite a few fingers amputated and on around 40 meds a day. She is relious and all around loving person-always happy. Also my friend vicki's daughter who I babysat-granddaughter had 4 open heart surgeries by the time she was 7 and is a real trooper -wonderfull people and attitudes

Best Answer

My best friend has been fighting stage four cancer for the last eighteen months. She's amazing.

Best Answer

My best friend. I only wish he could love himself like I love him, it breaks my heart when he's hurting.

Best Answer

My cousin was diagnosed with Leukemia at 18. After a long battle she won. This past may it returned. She had a 5 month old boy at the time. She didn't think she would be able to have kids. She loved life to the fullest. She always kept a smile on her face even though she knew this time she would be saying goodbye. To her family and 8 month old little boy. She may nit have beat the battle this time but in her heart she was a survivor and left her mark with us all.

Best Answer

my mom.. she is one true mother im luck to even have her, she spends all of her oney on everybody else and never gives up.. she has breast cancer and its sad to see her the way she is but she is very crouagis and if i was everything she was i would be very very lucky

Best Answer

my grandmother. she has burried all her sibling, and four of her children and some grand children as well. she lived through the great depression and is now 95 years old. she gave birth to 11 children, all of them out of a hospital except the last set of twins. She worked like a dog, holding a job, raising children, and working the fields and more all at the same time. she was the best cook around and took in so mane people, and fed so many people. she is the strongest person i know. i could go on and on.

Best Answer

justme...<br />
but<br />
for<br />
theGrace of God...<br />
there<br />
go<br />
I<br />
joyinthejourney, clg

Best Answer

My grandma because she believes in me the most and takes care of me no matter what even if its bad.. but now that I have moved from States I don't know who is the second person that I admire the most for now. :/

Best Answer

Muhammed Ali.

Best Answer

My grandmother.<br />
She lost a son, and got bone marrow cancer and fighted that cancer off, and got h1n1 and fought that off too.<br />
Then she got cancer again and died from a hospital virus...<br />
She went to school only once as a child, and looked after her mother and sisters.<br />
Her sisters took advantage of her illiteracy and sold all her land and lots of people were jealous of her beauty.<br />
She left a big mark on my life, and i love her.

Best Answer