potterphoenix24 potterphoenix24 18-21 8 Answers Dec 28, 2012 in Community

My Grandma

Best Answer

My role model is Josephine Baker. She was an entertainer who started out in the 1920's and because the toast of Paris. She was one of the first black women to be looked at as beautiful, and was worshipped and adored by thousands of men. During WWII she was active in the Resistance and won the Legion of Honor--the highest medal in France. She also adopted 12 kidsof different races whom she called her "Rainbow Tribe" (fifty years BEFORE Angelina Jolie) to show the world that we could get along. I admired the fact that even though she grew up in poverty in St Louis (my father's hometown) she had teh drive and determination to be a legend.

Best Answer

My grandparents are amazing people! They are in their late 80's, look and act 70, still socially active, are healthy and fun. My grandma is cute and silly, my grandpa is analytical but loves to cut up. They are in clubs, volunteer, travel extensively, started lots of companies over the years, own lots of real estate, but feel priorities are family and God. My favorite thing is that they still volunteer to help the "elderly." Last year my grandma was trained in domestic abuse counselling and works at a women's shelter. They started the food pantry in their county decades ago and still work at it handing out food to the needy. They don't judge people and understand life balance is critical. Experience is more important to them than things. Oh, last year my grandpa bought a sports car. My aunt was worried about his driving due to his age and he took a state driving exam and passed with 100%!

I want to be like them when I grow up!! :)

Best Answer

Myself

Best Answer

Stephen Fry inspires me to learn.

Best Answer

I agree

Best Answer

Yogi Bear.

Best Answer

Chris Boden (The Geek Group)

Best Answer