Who on this site would like to be interviewed as part of an ethnographic research project about anonymous social media?
I am a student of Folklore at the University of Oregon, and I am beginning an ethnographic research project to understand the social world of secret-sharing sites and applications. I am interested in how users of these sites (experience project, the Whisper app, Secret Regrets, Post Secret) negotiate what types of personal ex
edit: Wow I am really glad to see some people are interested! Forgive me because I am just learning how to use this site. To answer some questions about the project:
1. Everybody will be anonymous always unless they tell me they want to be named. This project will follow institutional review board protocols (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institutional_review_board).
2. This research is not really aimed at gathering quantitative data. I am a folklorist, and in my discipline we focus more on collecting information about a culture (in this case anonymous social media) via personal communication and interviews.
3. I am in the beginning stages of this project, so I am open to suggestions for other ways to get in contact. Here are two things I have in mind:
1) Electronic interviews. These will be one-on-one and == conducted through: email, chat, or skype (at your preference). If you are interested in this option, message me through this site or send me an email. email@example.com
2) Focus group. This site facilitates focus groups very well. The conversation we are engaged in right now is a focus group of sorts. I could post a series of questions on this site pertaining to this project, and users could respond as they wish.