Questionator Questionator 26-30 139 Answers Sep 15, 2012 in Community

Question of the Day

My mother. She read to me until she died and then my father did until I was too old for bedtime stories. The day my wife told me she was pregnant with twins, I started reading to her tummy. Even when she went out of town, I would ask her to put the phone to her tummy so I could read to the babies. I have been reading them a bedtime story every night and will continue once they are born.<br />
Sorry about the broken link. Here is the link to the story. <a href="http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Think-Parents-Should-Read-Bedtime-Stories-To-Their-Kids/2493505" target="ep_blank">EP Link</a>

Top Answer #1
Best Answer

Awwwwwwweeeeeeee... I want to be a father too ^_^

Best Answer

I've waited a long time to become one. I can't wait.

Best Answer

God. wanting to know more about him. i study the bible daily and can't get enough of it. new things are revealed to me every day and it's the best book i ever read.

Best Answer

The desire to learn more.....I am a nerd like that.

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

Haha

Best Answer

My mother--reading to me when I was very young. Then, when I read E.B. White's "Charlotte's Web," I was hooked on reading. Now, I read everything from comic books to Scientific American.

Best Answer

Reading Rainbow TV show

Best Answer

Kahlil Gibran. And a very hot braille teacher.

Best Answer

I did not attend high school as I was not interested in studying.When all my siblings were all well educated and could converse well in any given subjects,I was left out in conversation.This situation let me to enhance my knowledge.That reading started when I was about 22 or so and it has not stop from reading ever since.

Best Answer

My sister-when I was 3 we would take out a huge unabridged dictionary and I'd put my fat finger on a word-we'd use and learn it no matter what it was.She's had five books published since 2005 and I couldn't be prouder!Also the grade school teachers who took extra time and brought us to the library as well as the librarians.

Best Answer

Her name is Susan Connelly and her heroine in the mystery stories is Nell Prentice.Thanks!

Best Answer

My mother, who read whenever she had a chance and had a little story, poem or quote for just about any occasion. She bought books for me and there were always books in the house. She sent us to the bookmobile when we were kids and lived too far away from a library to visit. When our tiny town finally built a library, we were there all the time.

Best Answer

Though she never finished high school, my mother read everything she could. At a very early age, she told me that I could learn anything I wanted to... satisfy any curiosity... even in subjects outside of the school curriculum... just by reading on my own.<br />
It started a lifelong habit.

Best Answer

When I was younger, I believe it was loneliness or an escape. I could read a book and step into a completely different world and be someone else. Now I love to read for pretty much the same reason. After a long day or a stressful day, I LOVE the escape.

Best Answer

Being read to from as far back as I can remember.

Best Answer

My mom, god bless her, for all her faults she read to us a ton. I love her for that.

Best Answer

My mother and my relentless search for "why".

Best Answer

Dan Brown's books.

Best Answer

my mother. she taught me to love books

Best Answer

I was an awkward child and I found shelter in books. I also had an excellent English teacher who said to truly experience a story you had to "willfully suspend your disbelief". I found that if I did that, I could escape my problems. I still love to loose myself in a good book, but sadly, I don't read as much as I used to. Don't know if its my lifestyle or the lack of good books. I suspect the former.

Best Answer

Anne Rice. My dad (an english teacher) gave me a copy of "Interview with the vampire" It made me realize that words can spin tales far better then the big screen. I was hooked. Now it's Grisham for me.

Best Answer

The author Nicolas sparks has really made me love reading.

Best Answer

I taught myself to read at age three through Dr. Seuss, then Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer, and eventually Sherlock Holmes mysteries and things such as 1984. Reading drew me in because it was so different from anything else I'd ever seen. The thought of little squiggles on a page translating into words that I could lose myself in... Reading's just fantastic.

Best Answer