ahhh...the perfect marriage...as someone with a horribly failed marriage, and now one that I would never want to live without, I think I have learned a few things. Respect is critical. Communication - constant talking about ideas, hopes, dreams, things that irritate, things that frustrate, things that tittilate. Acceptance of the other person for exactly who they are - no trying to change them...change only what needs changing in yourself. Realistic expectations - that includes understanding and accepting that your spouse will fail your expactations over & over again...that's about you, not them. Play together often...laugh about silly stuff...take long drives together...cuddle on the couch. Do things for them because you love him/her - rub his back, his feet, his shoulders...get him coffee....make his favorite meals...Appreciate the little things he does for you...thank him...And enough cannot be said about having sex. It is the glue that binds...be adventurous...be amorous...grow together in your desires....focus your energy on him....Rejoice in the good times, and come together, even tighter, in the bad times....this is where sex can come in really handy...not enough money to pay the bills? Have sex a lot. Stresses of life are overwhelming? Have sex a lot. Sex releases all those feel good endorphines that tell us we are in love...Disagree when it's needed, but never stoop to name calling. Difuse horrible fights by telling him you love him too much to fight out about it...mean it...hug, kiss and touch often....it keeps you connected, exchanging energy and centered on one another....<br />
So, a few hints from one who has learned painful lessons....hope it helps

Best Answer

Years ago I thought I knew, thought I was in love "for real", but then I met my now Husband and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that I feel love the way that I think God intended us to! It's totaly different that what I felt before. Its the kind of love that brings out the best in you even when you don't try, it just happens. The kind of love that keeps no records or wrongs and is always understanding and forgiving. It is the kind of love that other's see and wonder how you have it, because they want it! I have been with my husband for going on 8 years now and it feels like maybe 3. I still get the butterflys when he kisses my neck, still ache for him when we are apart, still long for him, and still get sick to stomach when I think about loosing him. Our marriage is special, I don't meet very many other people who have it. You know, we have our issues, we are by no means without problems or concerns or shortcomings, but we work through it, we grow together, we lean on each other, we stand beside one another no matter what! Trust me, I mean "No Matter What"! These are the things that a good marriage needs. It should consist of Communication (number one no matter what) trust, respect, compasion, understanding, humar, self control, the list goes on and on. I think the bottom line is people get married these days for all the wrong reasons. If you can't see yourself laying your life down for the person your married to, then you should evaluate your situation. I would do that you know, I would totally lay down my life for my husband and I know he would do it for me without a shadow of a doubt! He is my soulmate and I am blessed to have found him. I don't know if I hit on what you were looking for, but hopefully you can take something from it.

Best Answer

A good marriage is one with no lies

Best Answer

All marriages are different because people are all different, what is an important issue for one person, will be viewed very differently by another.<br />
Marriages are like books some are made to last a life time whilst others fall apart after a few weeks.<br />
There is no right or wrong -just differences, in a similar way we can out grow each other too!<br />
You have to decide what you want out of life and consider if those requirements can be achieved without a partner or even with another partner - Go For It Girl!

Best Answer

Well, I was really in love with my late wife; and it was a very euphoric experience... at the beginning, before we got married, I felt I could see pink everywhere! And many years after marriage, we would enjoy walking in town hand-in-hand (which wasn't exactly the done thing in those days), and loved to cuddle up to one another.<br />
To me, the "ideal marriage" would have both prospective partners clear on their starting-point - why they were getting married and what they expected from it - and that they would unconditionally support each other to be as true to themselves and realise their potential as fully as possible. And as was said above, be prepared to do this no matter what!

Best Answer

As clueless as you , If I was to give my interpretation . It would most like go as . Trust with discernment , speak with restraint , love yourself first .

Best Answer

When I married my first wife, it was for all the wrong reasons. we were not friends before we were Lovers I am talking about true Friends. I think that True Love will find You. Love is Loving Your Lover more than Life, always telling Her how much You Love & need Her, brushing Her Hair, giving Her a Bubble Bath, watching her sleep, give her massages and My Babe does this for me too. I write Love notes to Her & hide them where she will find them later. When You find true Love, you will not have to ask what it means. You will Feel it in Your Heart. Your Friend Always, Shorty

Best Answer