I tried to explain the concept of a rotary phone, party line and busy signal to my two daughters...they made me feel like an ancient idiot that was from the stone-age... Glad I didn't attempt to explain what an LP was...

Best Answer

I remember the days of having to lease your phone from the phone company and having to use exchanges like BElmont & HUnter to dial a rotary phone.

Best Answer

*69 ended the career of the jerky boys

Best Answer

When I was growing up, we had a party line and only one telephone in the dining room. My sisters would take the receiver and go into the broom closet when they wanted privacy during a call. Sometimes when you picked up the receiver, there was someone already talking and that was a bother. I remember once asking if they could hang up so I could call my mother. Also, there was one neighbor that would pick up and listen to other people's calls.

Best Answer

I will admit I used to listen in om my kids calls just to make sure they weren't causing too much trouble. The neighbors is another story. Geez...I thought my neighbors were nosy can't imagine them listening in. I think I would purposly have a lot of fun with that! Haha

Best Answer

I remember the days of sharing two payphones between a hall of maybe 300 students, trying to pour sweet nothings into my girlfriend's ear in the main hallway without too many people listening in. Also, spending half the evening shuttling up and down to my room to grab a spot without too much of a wait (or dashing to be the first to the phone after dinner).<br />
Finally getting my first mobile phone was bliss. :)

Best Answer

That's when u only needed a quarter to call someone who cared! :)

Best Answer

... and only *had* a quarter (or 10p in my case) because you were an impoverished student. :)
I can't remember the last time I even *saw* a payphone...

Best Answer

no idea why anyone wants caller id?.....nobody wants to answer it anyway......."you git it!" ............"No you git it!"........."your closer!".....aargh

Best Answer

....ok u get it but tell her I'm not here!

Best Answer