My adult children do not want to pay for there life insurance, they feel as though they will live forever, or it's someone else responsibility. I will pay it, because if something happens it will fall on me. Im not happy about it being on a fixed income
chontell chontell 36-40, F 12 Answers May 21, 2012

If they are over 21 and not in college, then they are adults and need to take responsibilities for their own lives. They want to have their cakes and eat it. No way. They want to have their rights to their freedom of speech, they want to vote, have sex lives, their choice of partners, children, they want to have fun and not live by your rules, they pay their own bills and have debts of their own and if they have any of those things then they should pay for their life insurance themselves!

If they are disabled and can't really look after themselves, that's a different matter.

That's my view. Adult kids makes me sad sometimes!

Best Answer

Don't get me started again lol! I feel your pain. It's sickening! It's been a few mos. Since i posted this, and have since bought insurance for my 27 year old son.

Best Answer

He better appreciate it! lol When you need to update it, he can do it himself. I don't have an adult kid. Just a 14 years old boy but if I expected my mom to pay for it, she would tell me to get it myself cuz her job is done and I am grown.

Best Answer

you pay your own life insurance. Unless you're dead.

Best Answer

Youre right!

Best Answer

Has it occurred to you that "adult children" is an oxymoron? You're worried that if they die their funeral expenses will fall on you. Fine, buy them a funeral, the payments will be a little higher but they won't last as long. While you're at it, buy one for yourself. Maybe they'll give you a group discount. Otherwise take out term life policies for enough to cover a simple funeral. $2500 should cover it and the premiums won't be too high (depending on your kids age).

Best Answer

Thanks for your answer, and your correction. Really what would we do without you around here correcting things. Feel free to correct this. Have a nice day!

Best Answer

Like your children, I have no life insurance. Unlike your children I've already buried both my parents and have enough in savings to pay for my own funeral (so my kids won't get stuck with the debt). If I should survive any of my kids, the least of my worries will be their funeral expenses. My world tends to revolve more around their existence than their expense. $.02 Sorry I pissed you off.

Best Answer

My parents didn't even tell me that they had life insurance on me until i told them my life was being threatened.

Best Answer

That is a blessing! I hope you appreciate it

Best Answer

I most certainly do. My parents are the best!

Best Answer

Yes they are!

Best Answer

Maybe share the responsibility, you pay a month they pay a month.

Best Answer

Very good idea!

Best Answer

If you think you may need it when they die, it doesn't matter who you are...it's in your best interest to make the payments.

Best Answer

It matters a lot when you can't afford it, but i do understand what you're saying. Thanks a lot!

Best Answer

Parents used to take a policy out on themselves for their children, in case something tragic happened. Now, if people are concerned, I think they should take a policy out on their parents, or spouse themselves.

Best Answer

I think that is very smart if you can afford it. Thanks

Best Answer

That is the truth "if you can afford it". It's not as easy as it used to be to come up with extra cash.

Best Answer

That is the truth!

Best Answer