As an Army Girlfriend, I kind of had an idea! But, to do this I'd need help from some other military families! I was thinking of starting a charity type thing, sending care packages, letters, and such to our deployed soldiers! I haven't really thought much about how to get it going, just yet, But if anyone's interested in helping me out on starting this, please let me know! Anyone who's interested in helping me, please contact me at: support.charities_in2013@aol.com
ilmsx3 ilmsx3 18-21, F 10 Answers Feb 6, 2013 in Community

You might want to check through USO...so you don't have to start from scratch

Best Answer
Best Answer

I do!

Best Answer

My big brother is a marine, I'm an army brat.

Best Answer

Yeah, I'm an Army brat, as well as an Army Girlfriend! And, was just thinking that maybe more people should give back to our soldiers, you know?!

Best Answer

I totally understand. I grew up in a marine base and almost nobody gives back to them, anything you need help with, I'd be happy to help.

Best Answer

Yeah. I'd like to give back to every branch.
- Army
- Marines
- Air Force
- & Navy.
I just gotta figure out how & see who's with me. I can't do it all alone.
If you're interested in helping, though, you can reach me at
support.charities_in2013@aol.com !
(:

Best Answer

I'll totally help, I'll get my guard friends to help too!

Best Answer

Thank you! (:
I'll try and keep everyone up to date on the latest!
And, get everything planned out. Anyone can email me at any time and I'll be sure to get back to everyone ASAP!

Best Answer

Apparently NOT the westboro baptist church. They actually protest at soldiers funerals.

Best Answer

Yeah, I actually saw that. It's pathetic. The only reason they have the right to say what they say is because our men are defending their rights!

Best Answer

Just read your description. When my mother's son joined the army my mom created a yahoo chat group for all the mothers of fort benning stationed soldiers in training and such...She ended up getting over 1000 members and running it for a few years. He ended up getting asthma and getting discharge so my mom handed over the group to someone else, but I believe it is still running.

Best Answer

Okay! I'll have to check that out! Thanks!

Best Answer
Best Answer

I do!

Wounded Warrior Project is also very good!

Best Answer

Uh, all sorts of organizations doing that already.

Best Answer

A lot do for deployed soldiers, but I'd also like to do for soldiers who aren't deployed. I have many different ideas!

Best Answer

I think their families and friends should by taking them out if it. Biggest support you could give them, IMPO:(

Best Answer

Not me... sorry.

Best Answer