syfie syfie 26-30, M 5 Answers Dec 14, 2013 in Politics

People in situations where their identity needs to be known should not allowed to wear any thing that hides any of their facial features, banning veils, hoodies and scarves are all a good idea for reasons of public safety.

Best Answer

I think the full Bhurka should be outlawed. Go into a bank with a ski mask on sometime and see what happens. In public we should all be recognizable.

Best Answer

You do realize that people have a right to worship any religion, and that banning a Bhurka would be entirely unconstitutional right?

Best Answer

I don't care. Bhurkas should be banned in public. Hijab is good enough. People need to be recognizable.

Best Answer

How could we take pride in our constitution if deny the very first amendment to people?

Best Answer

Banning the Bhurka doesn't violate any amendment. It's simply a protective measure. Let them wear a hijab. Bhurkas are plain dangerous in this day and age. Religious freedom stops where personal safety begins.

Best Answer

"Those who are willing to surrender their freedom for security deserve neither."

Best Answer

It just doesn't apply in this case. People need to be recognizable in public. I like Ben Franklin and I've used that quote many times myself., but this is different. I wouldn't bend a inch on this one. Bhurkas should not be worn for daily business. There's a war on.

Best Answer

Banning the Bhurka in public does not violate the first amendment. It can be banned the same as shouting fire in a crowded theater is banned.

Best Answer

it's wrong to ban religious clothing or make people conform to a national dress. Banning the veil is just as bad as making women wear them. women should have full citizenship rights and as such be able to decide what they want to wear.

Best Answer

That is entirely unconstitutional to do. So no, that would be a horrible idea.

Best Answer

would it be a good idea for the president to command you and all other people to never wear clothing? make it punishable if you did?

Best Answer

Are you saying if the president commands me and all other people to be naked and I need to make it punish David Cameron. I am just getting confused the way you say it.

Best Answer

No, I'm saying that with the way you word your question you sound like you think it's a good idea to ban muslims from wearing their veils, which is a vital part of their religion and their life (if you don't know exactly how much going against it can mess up their lives, you need to do some reading). If that in any way should be okay to have banned, it would be no different than every human in the world being forced to never wear clothing. Who do you think would feel good, walking around, doing their usual business such as school/work, naked? It wouldn't be nice, would it?

Best Answer

Yeah I get it. Sorry about the error on my previous respond.

Best Answer

We can only hope that you are never attacked or mugged by a criminal wearing some religious garb that hides their features preventing them from being identified and brought to justice.

Best Answer