I think they are to ready to solve everyones problem with drugs, but yes some people really need it.

Best Answer

Sadly no

Best Answer

have you ever met people with mental disorders?

Best Answer

yes i have, a few

Best Answer

Yes, while mental illnesses/brain chemistry disorders are real, some people who appear to be mentally ill are really quite sane. <br />
For people in power (some of whom are sociopaths) throughout world history to the present, mental illness has been an effective and cruel tool to discredit whistleblowers and others (targets) who get in their way. <br />
I tried to post a long reply here, but the software won't let me. I've had to cut it in half. May reply later.<br />
This post doesn't address folks who are true sufferers of mental disorders, but instead presents facts that, if popularly known, would prevent suffering by good people.<br />
There is a long history of experimentation on non-consenting innocent citizens around the world by those who secretly influence/control government, military, industry, media, education and culture. (See Youtube's "Syphilis Laboratory Guatemala", the Duplessis Orphans, the Human Radiation Experiments 1940 - 70 [on a .gov website!], and the Congressional Church Committee hearings, especially MKUltra.)<br />
One of the latest, hottest tools for evil individuals who want to control the masses (or their uninformed/deceived, probably principled armies of scientists, neuro/psych/computer researchers, military/govt. researchers with high security clearances) is an almost totally secret technology that remotely transmits (using radio waves) thoughts, emotions, sensations and impulses to the human brain. (See Youtube's "The History Channel: That's Impossible - Mind Control", parts 1-5 and the Washington Post's Special Investigation "Top Secret America".)<br />
This neurotechnology can remotely harass an individual (or a mass of people) in many ways. Those ways have been studied and experimented with for decades.<br />
(See Operation Paperclip, Youtube's "Missing Secrets of Nikola Tesla", Igor Smirnov, and Youtube's "Mission mind Control" c.1970.)<br />
As for the claims by an individual that make him think he's being harassed, surveilled, smeared, bugged, microchipped, poisoned, or having his mind read,...<br />
…this technology can read thoughts, emotions, sensations, etc. and send them, too. When it is used on a person, for instance, to make the person feel like lifting their arm, feel an emotion, sensation or think/say a word, the person believes that the impulse originated from himself. That's right - they are unaware that their thought, sensation, emotion, action was evoked remotely!

Best Answer

Unfortunately, this comment will be hard to read, since it condensed my paragraphs automatically.......................Hence, Sirhan Sirhan's recent claim that his crime was influenced by mind control.
Now, I'm not saying that no one is ever gangstalked, microchipped, bugged, etc.
But neurotechnology, through a series of orchestrated incidents, can convince someone of the experience of these things. So…
If you think your company, old flame or dysfunctional family are wiretapping you or bugging your house, that can be done by totally unrelated people with this technology.
A few more examples…
You think someone is breaking into your house at night while you sleep and moving something in your bedroom.
Maybe it IS true… or maybe this technology was used to make you sleepwalk and move the object yourself. Maybe your awareness or any memory of moving the object was suppressed remotely. (Don't dismiss this, WIRED mag and other press articles have featured research studies on influencing attention, perception and memory.)
Every time you leave your home, a neighbor leaves THEIR home, making you think they are participating in your surveillance and harassment.
Maybe they ARE a knowing accomplice… or maybe this technology was used to prompt both you and your neighbor to leave your homes at the same time. And maybe the technology was used to make you notice them and/or feel the emotion of hyperalertness, paranoia or anxiety just as you left your home.
You believe others are reading your mind and harassing you about your thoughts, private actions, secrets, etc.
Maybe the persons who seem to be harassing you by saying a word or subject from your thoughts or private actions, ARE in on it, whether by coerced duress or voluntary participation… or maybe they have been evoked remotely to think of and say that word, or to make that expression, or to think that feeling when with you. They are likely innocent victims, as are you.
You think you are microchipped.
Maybe you ARE… or maybe various events and sensations have been orchestrated to make you believe that you are. (To those who believe they are microchipped - this is a tough situation, and you have my sympathy. I didn't go through this, so I can't discount your claim about it.)
You think you are being poisoned.
Maybe you ARE… or maybe you are given visual/olfactory/taste perceptions of spoiled food and perceptions of or actual symptoms/ illnesses.
(With this one, I'm not suggesting that you go ahead and eat food you think will make you sick.)
For those who believe they are targets of this nonconsensual experimentation:
www.mediamatrix.org
www.areyoutargeted.com
Wikipedia's "Unethical Human Experimentation in the United States"
www.psychcentral.com &gt; "Are They Crazy or Is the Government Out to Get Them?"
www.ffchs.com and various other human rights associations

Best Answer

not me

Best Answer

No, they are not real. It is a lie that has been become more and more sophisticated over more than a hundred years. Before mental illness people used to be torn away from their freedom with categories such as possession, witchcraft, and other religious concepts of deviation. The desc<x>ription of them were very ornate as well and the variations of witches and witchcraft was quite immense. <br />
It concerns me that people believe in the lies and ravings of misanthropes/sick freaks (the profession of psychiatry) that 80 years ago were practicing involuntary brain dissection (that means they would murder patients in order to pick apart their brains while they were still alive) on mental "asylum" patients. There is plenty of historical documents and yet no one cares to know or speak of them. Bedlam/ Bethlem Royal Hospital was a famous case.<br />
What they and other mental hospitals did to people at the time was no different then the Nazi scientists that would have ram rods gouging into the vaginas of women to see how quickly non-Aryan women would take to die from internal and external hemorrhaging. It is called mutilation performed on people that no longer are considered human enough to have their lives treated as any different than a cow about to be butchered or an ant that found its way into a house and now "needs" to be crushed.<br />
Their is a long history of criminality and inhumanity in psychiatry. After all it was a profession borne out of prisons.<br />
That is the profession some people put their trust in and that now has tens of millions of children on medication starting when they are toddlers.<br />
It is funny because most of the psychiatrists (and other mental health professionals) I have met seem like bizarre individuals who could have not been people who acted average or normal (were able to fit in) as children. It is the lunatics arbitrate what sanity is.<br />
Furthermore, their theories do not make any scientific sense and cannot be proven physically or logically. And yet their theories insist on using methods that do have clear physical consequences. All of the drugs that are used have clear long term and many short terms effects such as Parkinson's, Cardiac disease, stroke, etc. But, none of the results have EVER been proven to have any benefit to the alleged areas of "disease".<br />
That sounds like a religion to me. Not a science. Specifically one of psychopaths, sociopaths, and also the moronic, brainwashed, and profoundly stupid (often those who buy into the idea that they have an intangible illness that exists but that's exists has no concrete proof).

Best Answer

I believe that mental orders are genuine,but are wrongly diagnosed in order to control certain people.The V2K,or voice to skull device is very real and is now being used for advertising for programmes,Paranormal is one,I believe,in the USA.Governments are still doing their dirty deeds,aided by groups such as Neighbourhood Watch,using community mobbing/gang stalking,to breech the human rights in the worst way imaginable.

Best Answer

In "Health Reform, by Inches" (Op-Ed, June 12), Theda Skocpol perpetuates a common misperception: that mental illnesses are not "real" illnesses.<br />
The most recent medical research indicates that serious brain disorders like schizophrenia, manic depression and depression arise from subtle genetic defects and the resulting chemical imbalances, just as with Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases.<br />
One in five families in the United States is affected by a serious mental illness. The National Alliance for the Mentally Ill has 140,000 family members. We're not some faceless lobby. We are your neighbors. <br />
Just because you can’t see it like cancer doesn’t make it any less real. And just because sufferers become professionals and have families doesn’t mean they are well. Some are high functioning. Others are self medicating with alcohol and substance. Stigma and shame keep others from getting help. I’ve suffered with this **** for 25 years- do not dare to presume to tell me I need suck it up. You are compassionless and judgmental. I wouldn’t wish the best day of bipolar on you. Tread lightly.

Best Answer

I apologize if my words seemed compassionless and judgmental. I believe mental disorders are real and those that suffer from them need help from both doctors and medication. My point, while probably not expressed very well, was there are too many doctors diagnosing mental disorders when it is simply a matter of the individual learning how to act properly.

Best Answer

I'm sorry you have to deal with your illness, and I will take your advise.

Best Answer

No,

Best Answer

I believe some mental disorders are made up, but not so much to sell drugs but more so to give people an excuse to not act right. People need to grow up, suck it up and start acting right. I myself have a social anxiety also known as "shyness", but I "man up" and push through it and deal with it.

Best Answer

sigh

Best Answer

do you have a mental disorder?

Best Answer

Don't get me wrong, I know there are real mental disorders which require treatment by a doctor and medications. I'm talking about the people that use these "mental disorders" as an excuse not act right. Even if one has a "disorder" one can learn to act properly.

Best Answer

I am very shy, which in today's terms would be considered a "social anxiety, but I have never been diagnosed by a doctor and I don't take medication for it. What I do, do is make myself be sociable and talk to people even though it can be difficult at times. I act like a grown up should act.

Best Answer

yeah, thats wat i do, i struggle with bipolar, but i dont have doctors or medication. i just decided that they just wanted to sedate me, so i said no

Best Answer

Yea, a lot of those medications can make one walk around like a zombie, so I too choose not to go to doctors or take any type of medication. i just deal with it.

Best Answer

I also meant "made up" by doctors not the patients.

Best Answer

define 'maning up' is that your macho survivalistic idea of life? please be removed from the phase of the earth.

Best Answer

This conversation took place a long time ago, so please excuse me if I'm not up to speed. By "Man up", I simply mean to recognize what's wrong with one's self, adjust to the personal problem and make the necessary changes one needs to make to become a productive citizen of life. Again, I want to say that I understand that there are real mental disorders that require, treatment from a doctor and medication. I am talking about the people that use the latest "mental issue" as an excuse to not act right, or grow up.
BTW: it's "face of the Earth" (not being a grammar nazi) :D

Best Answer