I use it for spinal stenosis . I use it daily and love it. It works to relax me and it does kill the pain very well. Yes it should be legalized as it is so much better than the heavier drugs and it is a pleasing to the spirit.

Best Answer

And it is natural! what would be the point to take something only to create another problem! Does not make since to me at all...

Best Answer

I agree 100%!

Best Answer

I use pot to help with my bipolar , split personality disorder, insominia, and ADHD plus I just love to smoke lots of pot

Best Answer

It can be dangerous....!!!

Best Answer

How do you mean?Pot's never killed anybody #thatsafact http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/03/marijuana-deaths_n_3860418.html

Best Answer

I think it should be legalized for medicinal purposes. I have used it to assist with my insanity...lol... I have never brutally assaulted anyone- Thank you Mary Jane!!

Best Answer

right!! lol

Best Answer

marajuana doesn't treat the disease, it just makes your brain too stupid to remember to tell you that your body hurts, and it can stimulate appetites in people who have lost theirs due to pain. <br />
That being said, I am not necessarily opposed to it, as it is better than a morphine addiction.

Best Answer

Actually there is research done somewhere that it can stop the progression in all stages of Multiple Sclerosis.

Best Answer

I don't know where you got your information from but you have to recheck. It actually stimulates the cannabinoid receptors in your body. Search about the cannabinoid receptors and you will say how it helps CURE diseases.

Best Answer

*see*

Best Answer

it also increases your chances of lung cancer and schizophrenia

Best Answer

It has a HIGHER chance of PREVENTING it than causing it. ONLY If you already have a risk of schizophrenia then you are at a higher risk of getting it.

Best Answer

you are reading different reports than i am then - every one I have seen says that people who smoke marijuana have a much higher incidence of displaying signs of schizophrenia, although they don't know if the marijuana causes it or simply cases the predisposition to it more apparent

Best Answer

i think it should, it is alot better than taking pills, it kills pain alot better too

Best Answer

we all have it here in the neighborhood... its a normal thing to do..it helps my depression at certain point and its all natural..

Best Answer

I was ran over by a car when i was 15 and had multiple fractures and suffer from arthritis during cold weather and its the only thing i can do.to ease the pain. Also great for nausea. Cannabutter can be rubbed in to aching joints and its such a relief. Thank god for mj

Best Answer

MARIJUANA & DELAYED SLEEP PHASE SYNDROME (DSPS) & FIBROMYALGIA (FMS)

I’d like to discuss with all of you that have DSPS the use of Medical Marijuana, aka weed or pot, for DSPS.

While Medical Marijuana is considered legal in several of the USA states, and it is also approved for recreational use in some of the same states, it is still a hotly debated subject and I do hope that my post here concerning its use for DSPS will not cause any problems.

I have DSPS, Fibromyalgia (FMS), severe migraines and severe insomnia (which I have now learned is actually DSPS) and a few other minor symptoms caused by the above mentioned. I’d like to tell you my age of 52 years old so that some of you will not think I am a kid promoting marijuana use for fun. I’d also like to tell you that I was a Nurse specializing in prescription medication for many years and an Herbalist/Homeopathic Practitioner (went to college for both and earned my degrees in each), so I do know what I am talking about when it comes to alternative treatment for illnesses and diseases.

We all know what DSPS can do and how it affects each of us, so I want to touch on FMS so that you will understand that too. With FMS your muscles are in pain all of the time to some degree. The neurotransmitters in the brain of people with FSM constantly misfire sending messages to the muscles that they are in pain but they actually are not. This in turn makes the muscles tighten, twitch, spasms and cramp causing the pain and a lot of discomfort to the point of just having something touch your skin or press on it makes you hurt and gives you pain. Most doctors will prescribe first thing a prescription for a pain killer medication but what FMS people need more is a relaxant. Pain pills only mask the symptoms and do nothing for relieving the cause. A muscle relaxant will relax the muscles so that they can rest and heal and thus reducing the pain.

As with DSPA we also need to relax our brains so that we can get relaxed and in turn get some much needed sleep and rest. A prescription muscle relaxor will help with this a little bit but they are designed for muscles and relaxing them, not the brain. This is where Medical Marijuana (Cannabis) comes into play.

I have found that using the Medical Marijuana Indcia strain of at least 50% Indcia or more is the best for helping to relax both mind and muscles and get some sleep for both DSPS and FMS. The Indcia strain is a relaxant. The Cannabis family has two species Indcia and Sativa and most strains of Marijuana are composed of a mix of both family strains and they differ fundamentally in their chemical composition, physiological aesthetic, and medical application. Some Marijuana is a pure strain of either Indica or Sativa. I will speak only on the Indica strain at this time since this is what helps with DSPS and FSM.

Indica strains relax muscle and work as general analgesics, also helping with sleep and pain. Indica's chemical profile shows a more balanced mix, with moderate THC levels and higher levels of CBD. Indica buds will be thick and dense, with flavors and aromas ranging from pungent skunk to sweet and fruity. The smoke from an Indica is generally a body type effect, relaxing and laid back. Indica's higher CBD than THC equals a much heavier, sleepy type of high. Indica plants have a heavy, stony high that is relaxing and can help different medical problems. The Indica strain also increases energy and appetite, reduces nausea, reduces or eliminates muscle spasms, tremors, tension, stress, chronic pain and pain relief, arthritic and rheumatic stiffness and swelling/ inflammation, insomnia, anxiety, induces sleep, sleep disorders, insomnia, sedation, reduces seizures, reduces intra-occular pressure, bronchio-dilator and expectorant, relieves headaches and migraines, and related conditions. Indica generally more physical than cerebral, however, the relief of physical symptoms can have a positive psychological effect

There is not much research into the medicinal effects of different strains. Most people rely on word of mouth and trial and error to choose a strain that works for them. In saying that, most people will have to experiment on what Indica mix and how much to smoke will work for them and what they are seeking for it to accomplish. The Indica varieties or ones with more Indica percentage often make them more suitable for evening and nighttime use. It is also important to remember that just as every person’s physiological make-up is slightly different, the subjective experience of using cannabis medicinally is also different for everyone. The most popular Indica strains for sleep/insomnia and pain are currently Kush, Northern Lights, White Widow, Chocolate Chunk, Blue Berry, Grand Daddy Purple, Paraplegic Kush and Super Noff.

A good Indica/Sativa cross can also offer the best of both worlds. There are many breeders who work hard to develop strains that will accomplish just that to give you a great head high coupled with a relaxing and definitely medically beneficial strong body stone. Therefore, smoking a pure Sativa or mostly Sativa hybrid will make you feel great, energetic and social and ready for fun! And depending on the particular strain of Sativa-Indica cross you smoke, you may get a good measure of pain relief in the deal as well. In saying this, if you need to function in the daytime or during a social event or at work a good mixed strain of Sativa and Indica would be a good choice.

If one has never been a marijuana smoker then a very small dosage will work in the beginning. If one has used marijuana before or you are or have been a smoker then you will know more about how to regulate your dosage as you find the right strain/mix for you. I have found for myself that using a “one hitter”, which is a very small amount, works well for me. I will take 1-3 one hits around 9:00pm – 11:00pm to begin with. At about 1:00am to 2:00am I will do another 1-2 one hits and after a little bit, perhaps an hour or so, I am then ready to crawl into bed feeling relaxed and ready to sleep.

While I mentioned above some of the best strains for insomnia and pain they are not always easy to get a hold of especially if you live in a non-Medical Marijuana state. In time, I do hope that Medical Marijuana will go Nation Wide! It’s a natural plant that has been around since the dawn of time and was put in this good green earth by our Creator for a purpose. My Native American Indian Ancestors used it frequently. I do hope his post will help some of you.

References:
1. What Are the Differences between Cannabis Indica and Cannabis Sativa, and How Do They Vary in Their Potential Medical Utility?
http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.answers.php?questionID=000638

2. How to Choose a Medicinal Cannabis Strain?
http://sensiseeds.com/en/blog/about-sensi-seeds/sensi-seeds-and-medicinal-cannabis/how-to-choose-a-medicinal-cannabis-strain/

3. The Weed Blog
http://www.theweedblog.com/the-difference-between-indica-and-sativa-marijuana-plants/

4. Patients Marijuana
http://patientsmarijuana.org/Sativa_or_Indica.html

5. Medical Marijuana Strains
http://www.medicalmarijuanastrains.com/tag/indica/

Best Answer

I dont care if its legal or not, I have been using it and will continue to do so , Its great for appetite, attitude, sleep, pain and love making

Best Answer

So do I

Best Answer

I was never a regular smoker, but if someone passed me a joint I would hit it sure. I had a repetitive motion injury in my shoulders that would wake me up 4 - 5 times a night in pretty bad pain. One night I was at a party, and a guy passed me a pipe, and I took a hit. Handing it back I noticed he was wearing a Medical Marijuana pin. I talked to him a while (he was in a bad car accident and was in a wheelchair for quite some time), and told him about my shoulder pain. He gave me a small joint and told me to smoke it before I go to bed. I only woke up twice that night, and the pain was about 1/4 what it normally was

Best Answer

I never did marijuana and even had a post about it. But I have tried it now for about a week. It really helps with my OCD and helps me think better. I don't about whoever says marijuana is evil. Its not.

Best Answer