Horus - Born of a virgin december 25th crucified, died, resurrected 3 days later Attis - same thing " Krishna - born of a virgin, died resurrected Dionysus - born of a virgin dec 25th "king of kings" "Alpha and omega" died - resurrected Mithra - born of a virgin dec 25th dead 3 days, resurrected... .... maybe you were thinking of someone else...
mindgirl mindgirl 36-40, F 19 Answers Dec 18, 2012 in Religion

Well it sure as hell wasn't either of my kids.

Best Answer

Shaft!

Best Answer

Yeppa...the dying and rising gods were a dime a dozen back in those days.

Best Answer

I love Zeitgeist too

Best Answer

*10 points*

Best Answer

It wasn't Jesus. He wasn't born on the 25th as you are implying. Jesus was born earlier in the year, and as an interesting fact, the wise men who came to visit him arrived when he was about two years old, not when he was an infant. So the "manger scene" we are used to is inaccurate.

Best Answer

Ineed! Like most of the bible... inaccurate and based in myth and fantasy. =)

Best Answer

The Bible never says he was born on the 25th, nor does it say that the wise men went to see him when he was born. You misunderstood me. I do not believe the Bible is inaccurate or fantasy.

Best Answer

born in March?

Best Answer

I don't know myself, although I've read that he could have been born anywhere between June and September.

Best Answer

The bible is not factual, its full of ancient astrological myths. There was no Jesus, there is no god

Best Answer

In Matthew 2 an unidentified number of wise men came to find Jesus, but the number is thought to be three based on the three gifts that were presented. The two years comes from Herod killing all the children in Bethlehem two years and younger.

Best Answer

SaxPower, I've studied the Bible and I fully understand how it's put together, the chronology behind it, how it flows and the context of each part. It is not simply a collection of "ancient astrological myths," it's the story of God's redemptive plan for mankind. You'll see just how true it is someday.

Best Answer

Army0917 ... You prefess to have an insight that we don't have... please... give me your peer reviewed, scientific journals showing how true your religion is... oh wiat! There are none! BECAUSE ITS NOT baseD IN REALITY! Its "feelings" and "faith" and wish thinking. If you can sit here and claim you know something I don't, based on more than silly ancient hocus pocus, then PLEASE enlighten me. =)

Best Answer

Have you ever heard of the quote that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence? The one who professes the existence of something bares the burden of proof... and ffs... if you tell me to donate money and god will "reveal" himself to me... Ima come beat you!

Best Answer

Just because something is not scientifically based doesn't mean that it's not based in reality. However, there are groups that do research from a Biblical perspective. Two of them that I know of are Answers In Genesis and the Institute for Creation Research. And FYI, I do not have religion, I have my walk with Christ, which is a spiritual matter, not a religious one. If you can't see the difference then that's your problem.

Best Answer

Actually... EVERYTHING based in reality has a mechanism for scientific testing and peer review.

Best Answer

That's why science works! dipshit!

Best Answer

God has no interest in your money, it belongs to him anyways and if he decides to he can take it away. What God wants is faith. If you can't give that to him then that's between you and God.

Best Answer

The problem is not mine... I'm open to being proved wrong. I'm willing to listen to evidence to the contrary. When you let yourself be blinded by faith alone, you close your eyes to anything that does not conform your your perception. Science is the exact opposite! Science is falsifiable! It has to be! When you say that I will know one day that you are right and I am wrong, you are making an arrogant assumption that you are correct! You assume you have the right answer! With zero evidence to support it. And you call it MY problem... LOL

Best Answer

Yes, that's exactly why with every question answered many more unanswered questions appear. The more we know the more we realize we don't know nearly as much as we think we do. That's why science can't explain everything. Try again.

Best Answer

You are creating a flase dilema. Don't try to trick me with your quasi-knowledge. Not only are you evading the question, you are presenting another argument that bears truth and you try to make it fit your theistic model. Of course the more we knoe, the more we uncover to learn! That's a given! That does not give me any evidence to support your knowledge of the afterlife now does it?

Best Answer

The fact is, your theistic arguments will always be pre-suppossitional in nature. That is anti-science and no proveable in the real world. I will fully admit that I cannot know that god exists. Can you do the same?

Best Answer

Heh... sorry if I get carried away... I love a good debate. I'm passionate about the truth. When someone takes the time to argue with me... I usually go all in LOL

Best Answer

Try looking up the groups I mentioned in a previous comment and tell that to them. Most, if not all of them are Masters and PHD level scientists and researchers from every field of science. Very bright men and women who hold the same views I do. I know that God exists because I have seen his truth and he's led me to the point I'm at today. I've spoken to him and he's spoken back to me. We have a relationship. I'm his son and he's my Father. And no, I can't prove there is an afterlife, but I'm not worried because it's not my place to prove it.

Best Answer

The point is, you need to be able to maintain your own grasp on what you believe. Don't look to others for your information! Find out for yourself! Never take the word of an authority figure just because they hold a PHD or another degree. Discover what is true based on the merit of what is said and information and knowledge you can gain from discovering the truth in your own way! I know its tempting to just say... "This guy says exactly waht I think" I hear ya... I tend to want to say the same thing sometimes. My world came to a crashing halt when I realized that people have their own agendas and will say things they think is true because they think they heard it from a credible source. Evaluate and decide for yourself if that source is credible. If there are those out there who say no, then take the time to figure out why they say that. Don't just dismiss things because it was given to you on authority. Power and authority are there for one purpose = to control. Take back that control and figure out for yourself!

Best Answer

Know what you believe and why. Research it, own and defend it! You may be proven wrong in the process... welcome it! Being proven wrong is not losing anything... its gaining new information and correcting that which you did not understand before! I don't have all the answers... that's for sure. I will be proven wrong on many things. Celebrate it!

Best Answer

I would like to clarify - I do have my own grasp on what I believe. I'm in the Bible quite a bit and I've studied just about every book. The "theology" is solid in my mind, and because we believe the same things, I trust those scientists in the areas science that I'm not able to study. They specialize for a reason and I believe that God is working through them. Do they always get things right? Of course not, but when they make a mistake they admit it and continue on with their research. Their openness is just one of the reasons I trust them. As you said, everyone has an agenda, and I completely agree. But the question I would ask is what is the nature of that agenda? My agenda is nowhere focused on me. It's focused on honoring my Father in heaven. Do I like to have fun, of course, but I know my purpose and I take it seriously. I've given all control to God and I trust him completely.

Best Answer

I'm just speaking from my won experience here. I'm not saying you are right or wrong... but I do detect hesitation and a certain amount of uncertainty in your argument. I see your willingness evaluate things fairly. Use that gift to your benefit.

Best Answer

I will admit this - The hesitation comes from my lack of specialized experience in the fields I'll never have experience in, except maybe physics, which I'll be getting into next semester. I trust those who do have experience in those fields, just like I would trust an accountant and an architect to be proficient in their fields. I've studied their papers quite a bit in the past, but I haven't been keeping up due to time and responsibilities on my end, so I'm a little "rusty," so to speak.

Best Answer

I've also read the bible cover to cover many times. I've studied the bible in detail for over 2 decades. All that time, I never once considered that there could be another point of view. All that time I just took on faith that the bible was the word of god. Sure the bible says some weird things... but if you take it in the proper context, it will have meaning for you! I understand. The bible is not the only book with meaning. One the most troubling things I found out about my bible study is that among the over 30,000 christian sects in America alone who each have a different take on the bible, there are just as many other religions who claim their holy book is the superior book. All of them claim miraculous deeds and woefull tales of magic. When I realized just how much of the bible is overtly plagerised from a multitude of myths the world over... it sort of lost its supremacy. The thruth is, most of the stories of the bible are taken from popular myth and pagan cultures from around the world. Its been peiced together by those in authority in the church, to further their own agendas. Its be translated and re-translated and copied over and over again... Not much in the bible has any historical veracity or accuracy. Do you really want to place your hopes ina 3000 year old book written from worth of wouth account, hundreded of years after the documented events and peiced together hundreds and thousands of years later? really? When people say.. the bible is the word of god... I think what they mean is... their perception of the bible is their own words of god. God created by man.

Best Answer

But I guess... when your bible tells you to have faith... because blind faith is a virtue... you should not look too closely at the documents. Just take for granted that its true... cause if you gamble and win, you get to go to heaven! If not... no loss. No loss and spreading lies throughout the world... religious jihad and holy wars... religious institutions taking people for granted and getting rich off those who have nothing to give... but give it anyway ( to the church of course!) .. all those hours of prayer taking to yourself... all that perceived guilt for being a homosexual or lesbian... a lifetime of guilt thinking you are guilty when born...

Best Answer

all based on a book... that's not even historically accurate. in otherwords... a fairytale.

Best Answer

Here is how I see and understand it - The Old Testament was canonized long before Christ was born. The Jews had long rejected the Apocrypha as inspired scripture and albeit the order was different, they had Genesis through Malachi just like we do in the English Bible. The church itself, before the various councils in the 4th century, had already (for the most part) decided which gospels and epistles were inspired and consistent with what the Old Testament said. So I’m not worried about the “canon” of scripture. God planned and took care of that. But contrary to popular belief, the Bible has not gone through several “re-translations” as if one translation was built on top of another. Each translation was based out of the original Hebrew or Greek text. So I have no doubt that what I’m holding is based on the original texts. Sure other religions claim that they’re correct, but something of interest is that only in Christ, are all your sins forgiven. It’s already done. Christ himself said, “It is finished.” No other “religion” can claim that. You still have to work to have a chance at earning your way to whatever “heaven” they subscribe to. Not only that, but Christ himself also said that he’s the only way. Christianity is very exclusive. Also, the Bible is historically accurate. When I have time I’ll put a paper together describing the Bible’s historical accuracy. I also do not believe that the Bible is simply a plagiarized version of previous religions. The Bible is unique and I know man didn’t come up with it because with as selfish and self centered as mankind is, had we come up with the Bible it would not look the same as it does now. I trust the Bible I hold in my hands. And that trust (or faith) is not blind, it’s based on the truth’s that I’ve seen over the last 10 years that I’ve walked with Christ. I’ve seen God work through my career in the military, I’ve seen him work through my church, I’ve seen him work through my divorce, and I’m even seeing him at work through my current situation. It’s not blind. Nor is Christianity by nature violent. There is no excuse for a “holy war” in Christianity. As far as tithes go, I know exactly where my money is going, and it’s not to my Pastor’s pocket. The money works here at home as well as around the world. Our church runs a pre-school here and oversees an orphanage and at least two schools overseas that give children an education that otherwise would not get one. Our faith moves us to act in a way that is a blessing to others. That is what true Christianity looks like. I believe everything that is written from Genesis to Revelation, and my life shows it.

Best Answer

My brother

Best Answer

Nobody was born a virgin it's just a story thats been spiced up over the centuries.

Best Answer

Indeed! Why then, must Christians build their house on the sand? lolz ... just sayin'

Best Answer

There's been a lot of evil deeds done in the world in the name of christianity just saying.

Best Answer

Honey Boo Boo

Best Answer

lol I can apreciate your sentiment.... the fact is ... there are dozens of virgin births documented way before Jesus....

Best Answer

The way americans love to worship completely talentless people, it wouldn´t be such a stretch of the imagination.

Best Answer

Probably nobody in reality. Jesus was supposedly born in the summer, and if they all represent on divine being then I would assume that they were all actually summer babies as well. Just a thought.

Best Answer

There's no coincidence bewtwee Jesus being the "son" ... The Sun is re-born on the winter solstice... the day which the sun starts its dominance again and the days strat to grow longer.

Best Answer

Interesting factoid. :)

Best Answer

A person that's not wearing blinders and just seeing in one direction at a time!!! Thank you and you are truly a rare person. Glad our paths crosse. Smile and keep on truck'n
Shanti Om

Best Answer

Exactly, that little "factoid" is bigger for the culture (human ones) of Earth than anyone can fathom really. Think about it, we take for granted the Sun is a massive orb, Earth revolves around it...etc.
Way back in "pagan" and pre-pagan days, they told stories to try to understand it. Over and over and over, the story tellers became the story, and people became metaphor for the creation of the Universe.
Almost every house hold 30 years ago was based around some religious related patronage. Culture has to crumble, as it is, to wash out some of that refuse that has been made up and stuck to people.
There is so much money, and so many lies involved in not telling people the truth, that at this point, their is no way outside of complete religious collapse, that that people will be encouraged on mass to wake up and understand the Myths for what they were.
By the way, Americans are the worst for clinging to their religious beliefs.
Can you tell I am pretty passionate about this subject?

Best Answer

Me too! I love asking provocative questions that challenge faith =)

Best Answer

Me!!! Except it was on January 1st... and she wasn't really a virgin... but other than that... :P

Best Answer

My Aunt = Virgin<br />
Cousin = Adopted<br />
so does tht count?

Best Answer

Ha ha ha ha so true how can people believe in crap that is so obviously fake?

Best Answer

My mother-in-law, and my friend Gloria.

Best Answer

Exactly, that little "factoid" is bigger for the culture (human ones) of Earth than anyone can fathom really. Think about it, we take for granted the Sun is a massive orb, Earth revolves around it...etc. <br />
Way back in "pagan" and pre-pagan days, they told stories to try to understand it. Over and over and over, the story tellers became the story, and people became metaphor for the creation of the Universe. <br />
Almost every house hold 30 years ago was ba<x>sed around some religious related patronage. Culture has to crumble, as it is, to wash out some of that refuse that has been made up and stuck to people. <br />
There is so much money, and so many lies involved in not telling people the truth, that at this point, their is no way outside of complete religious collapse, that that people will be encouraged on mass to wake up and understand the Myths for what they were.<br />
By the way, Americans are the worst for clinging to their religious beliefs.<br />

Best Answer

Hailie Mathers

Best Answer