EarthlingWise EarthlingWise 41-45 5 Answers Dec 10, 2011

My favourite was Ken Franklin, played by Jack Cassidy in Murder by the Book. Cassidy was particularly good at playing smarmy villains. With regard to the Clive Revill episode, the problem I had with it was that Joe Devlin was supposed to be from Belfast in Northern Ireland but played the part using the type of southern Irish accent only found in tv programmes. I can only assume it was thought that an American audience would not recognise or identify with a Northern Irish accent.

Best Answer

johnny cash,robert culp twice(you used..subliminal images!) roddy mcdowall played a charming irishman(this far and no further..)lawrence harvey as a chess master...and jack cassidy.....i really can`t believe i remember -i think patrick m undergoing treatment for cathode ray exposure and my memory is affected.long live peter falk!now, columbo was first seen in a 2 hr stand alone movie.anyone know that villain(c`mon ya can probably wikiP if you don`t know.thanks for the question,it all came back in a rush. peace

Best Answer

Roddy McDowall was among the freakiest!

Best Answer

Patrick McGoohan.

Best Answer

Yikes, scary.

Best Answer

I wish I can remember his name, and the episode. He was a charming Irishman whom Columbo acknowledges that he genuinely likes. Columbo seems regretful that this guy truly is the murderer. <br />
If you're a Columbo buff, perhaps you remember.

Best Answer

Was it Clive Revill?

Best Answer

Joe Devlin! Yes that's the one. Thanks!

Best Answer

*high fives*

Best Answer