And if you watch Fox News? Why? Not that any other News source is totally bias free or always right. Not at all. But an incredible amount of stuff on Fox News seems incredibly ridiculous. And here is the video of Fox News and a comparison of sunlight in the US and Germany: www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2013/02/07/fox_news_expert_on_solar_energy_germany_gets_a_lot_more_sun_than_we_do_video.html
laleee laleee 26-30, F 18 Answers Feb 10, 2013 in Movies & TV

lol, faux news is as funny as the onion

Best Answer

Speaking of ridiculous..that logic you're employing is pretty ridiculous..<br />
One example, then basing the following remark on that one example, "an incredible amount of stuff on Fox News is incredibly ridiculous." Relying on the reader ba<x>se to support that remark, assuming they agree with you.<br />
Now, how about we tone down the, "Oh mah gerrd Fox News is so dumb!" attitude and look at what the woman said. <br />
A Business reporter..hmm...not someone who specializes in weather and what not..guess those watching shouldn't consider her an authority on the subject. She seems to be expressing her opinion when she remarks, "and they've got a lot of sun. Right? They've got a lot more sun than we do." She asked for someone to verify her remark, that's why she said, "right?" She's unsure.<br />
Now, one could see why others may be led to say Germany is sunnier than the USA, as Germany produces over four times the solar energy the U.S does. The logical conclusion, knowing nothing about weather and such, would be that Germany gets more sun. She is looking at it from that standpoint.<br />
The real reason they are more proficient though, is because of their aggressive solar subsidies.<br />
Her mistake, in light of that, is not one that is, as you put it, "incredibly ridiculous." Rather, it is a misled conclusion born from available data..likely Business data, seeing as she is a Business reporter.

Best Answer

I'm honestly interested on why people watch Fox News and I might have it totally wrong. It's just my impression of it. And this was just one of the latest things. Honest mistakes happen. But FoxNews seems to have quite a lot of glitches like that. And I have never heard anyone refer to Germany as particularly sunny. And from own experience travelling there I know that the weather is in fact quite often pretty ******.

Best Answer

ou hear about Fox News more because many of the other media outlets target it. It's the only organization that is not leaning left. Many mistakes now happen in the news, as there is a rush to get it out there. There isn't much chance to go through the correct Journalistic method, as you have to get the news out before competitors do. That being said, I agree that it was foolish on behalf of the Business reporter to comment on the weather of Germany when she apparently has never been there and has no information on its weather patterns. She formulated her remark based on nothing but Business data, likely. Also, Fox Five is not a news show, it is an opinion show, so it is not representative of Fox News as a news source.

Best Answer

@lalee. All you have to do is google "MSNBC dishonesty" to find multiple reasons not to watch that outlet. Fox news is slanted right, MSNBC is slanted left, but MSNBC has done a lot more underhanded journalism than Fox has.

Best Answer

Thanks! It's very possible that MSNBC is also really bad. I don't follow that either. But MSNBC or any other news outlet being worse, doesn't make Fox News better :) So you watch Fox News? Or where do you get your news?

Best Answer

Pretty stupid. I'm sure that FOX news realizes that was a ridiculous statement, but liberals are going to run with it. They also seriously lampooned Mitt Romney about his statement concerning Airplane windows not rolling up or down. There are several examples of how the liberal media has been so blatantly dishonest. MSNBC was recently caught red handed for the umpteenth time editing clips to make people appear to say something that they were not saying.<br />
FOX leaves the liberal fringe media in the dust and has a whole lot more integrity in journalism than does MSNBC.

Best Answer

i love the satire you're portraying.

Best Answer

Funny I never thought of Germany as a sunny locale, or at least not any more sunny than the USA. This is what happens when the Supreme Court rules that the media can legally spread lies.

Best Answer

Thanks! I didn't know about the Supreme Court ruling. That's an interesting point.

Best Answer

I don't remember the date but it has been years now.

Best Answer

Somebody that runs my gym must like that mish mosh of clap trap, and I admit I watch when its on to a degree to see what kinds of lies they are going to say on such and such a day. I wonder how the anchors can keep a straight face.

Best Answer

If i want facts i stay away from Fox News. <br />
Yes i did hear about what they said about Germany getting more sun, ridiculous.

Best Answer

We have it in the Uk. And you know what our weathers like!!

Best Answer

I find I get hooked on keeping track of missing children stories and things like that- like the 2 little cousins who went missing. I check Fox online because they like sensationalism and are more apt to be up to the minute on stories like that. Not a good reason, I know, but I worry when I hear those stories....

Best Answer

Definitly not the best reason, but it's a valid one :) Thanks for sharing.

Best Answer

Never, it is not news at all being commentary along with MSNBC; I watch CNN as there is more actual news on that show.

Best Answer

Fox lawsuit-the right to lie.

Best Answer

Republicans, because it reinforces their ideology.

Best Answer

1. You posted that same crap yesterday.<br />
2. FOX always gets some nomind to argue the other side of any issue. That format sucks.<br />
3. Solar doesn't actually work in Germany, Spain, or anywhere else by any rational criteria. (other than very small and very remote applications such as RR crossings)

Best Answer

maybe it was someone else. It wasn't me.

Best Answer

I watch it in the mornings for about an hour. I watch it for the comedic value...lol

Best Answer

Well, that's just insane... really!

Best Answer

fox is losing their clout.they say this and than that.they are no longer credible.all leaders fall sooner or later.

Best Answer

yes, to me they don't seem credible at all, but apparently a lot of people watch or they would be out of business.

Best Answer