Imagine a ship sinking in the ocean. People are drowning. You have a boat who can save only 3 people. Who would you pick: a pregnant mother/ 6 year-old child/ a doctor who knows the cure for cancer but he is an satanist/ an elderly woman in her 70's/ a nurse who is Christian/ a baby/ a mentally ill teenage boy/ your mother/ famous actress or actor/ a Harvard graduate, has his MBA/ a construction worker with 3 kids/ your best friend/ a college student in his senior year/ a female social worker for 20 years/ a man getting married in just a week --- Who would you choose? You can give explanations if you want, but it is not necessary. --- Would you sacrifice your spot in the boat to save one of the others…which one?
warriortears warriortears 22-25 10 Answers Jan 2, 2013 in Community

The pregnant mother, that is two lives(having your mother as a small child cannot be understated). The doctor with the cure for cancer, that is millions of lives and satanists are just a little deluded, it is not such a bad thing. The other would of course be my mother, and no I will not give up my place.

Best Answer

You have given me too many choices. I can't decide.

Best Answer

Well, the first pick goes to the baby, but because babies weigh next to nothing, and are quite tiny, I still get to pick 4 more people. A pregnant mother and the 6 year-old child are next, just because I'm a big softie. The six year-old can sit in my mother's lap, and the boat will still float, even with my best friend there.<br />
That leaves one more space for me. And the doc? Well, any self-respecting scientist would make substantial backups of his work, so the cure for the cancer would survive his demise. I could give my place to someone else, but to be honest, I couldn't care less about them.<br />
Can't help it if I'm a bit selfish. :)

Best Answer

Its all about the kids.<br />
pregnant Mom, The baby , and 6 yr old. None of them have had a chance to prove their worth to the world. Denying them that ability would be the worst loss of all. At least everyone else had some kind of life already.

Best Answer

My mother and best friend for obvious reasons, and the senior in college, because he might have drugs that will make the boat ride with my mother easier to deal with.

Best Answer

You pose an interesting and ethical dilemma. I wouldn't sacrifice myself because I believe I have as much to offer as the next person, and I wouldn't take the time to judge the others because I really believe that all the judging we do gets us into trouble. I just don't think we're here to judge. I think we're here to try to help everyone be who they are and hopefully if we do that, we'll all be our best selves.<br />
So, I'd save whoever can get into the boat and paddle like hell.

Best Answer

a doctor who knows the cure for cancer but he is an satanist<br />
6 year-old child<br />
a baby<br />
3 of each will just go in the other boats.

Best Answer