In 1970, Russel T. Tansie, an Arizona lawyer filed a $100,000 damage lawsuit against God. The suit was filed on behalf of Mr. Tansie's secretary, Betty Penrose, who accused God of negligence in His power over the weather when He allowed a lightning bolt to strike her home. Ms. Penrose won the case when the defendant failed to appear in court. Whether or not she collected has not been recorded.

Best Answer

If she hired me, I'd have collected

Best Answer

Is he possibly the same lawyer who thought mc donalds should start serving iced coffee? No wait, someone may get frostbite...that's worth suing over too, isn't it!? (Roll the eyes)

Best Answer

Do tell me how u would go about getting payment?

Best Answer

sarcasm much?

Best Answer

A little. But really, how would u collect?

Best Answer

I guess I could slap a garnishment subpoena on the Pope since he is the Vicar of Christ on earth. I'll put a real property lien on the Vatican to start. I could repo the Pope-mobile. I'll get a Writ of Execution on all the art and jewels in St. Paul's Basilica. I’d run a title search and find all the other real property the Vatican holds and file (after the Vatican) an Amended Judgment Lien Certificate on those other properties. Then I’d hold a judgment auction of all papal land with the help of the papal sheriffs, taking my third, of course, off the top of my head.

Best Answer

Thanks for the BA and the opportunity to garnish God

Best Answer

Charlie Chaplin once won a third place in a Charlie Chaplin look alike contest.

Best Answer

rly?

Best Answer

Hey...you read the same book I did. :)

Best Answer

For real? That's pretty good.

Best Answer

I've read it somewhere, but don't remember where anymore. Hope it's true 'cause that would be an epic fail.

Best Answer

hahah I've heard that, that's hilarious

Best Answer

The average airspeed of the common housefly is 4 1/2 mph. A housefly beats its wings about 20,000 times per minute<br />
Mosquitoes prefer children to adults, and blondes to brunettes<br />
Caligynephobia is a fear of beautiful women.<br />
Pentheraphobia is a fear of a mother-in-law.<br />
In New York State, it is still illegal to shoot a rabbit from a moving trolley car<br />
Crossing one's fingers is a way of secretly making the sign of the Cross. It was started by early Christians to ask for divine assistance without attracting the attention of pagans.<br />
John Hancock was the only one of fifty signers of the Declaration of Independence who actually signed it on July 4.<br />
Forty six percent of the world's water is in the Pacific Ocean. The Atlantic has 23.9 percent; the Indian, 20.3; the Arctic, 3.7 percent.

Best Answer

1-3 people in the USA die each year from vending machines falling on top of them

Best Answer

Polar bears are left pawed.

Best Answer

bowling balls can float on water. Displacement varies result, but if you'd like i can prove it mathematically. 15000 gallons (average pool size) can sustain a 9 pound or less bowling ball. Archimedes principle of buoyancy: look it up. Its much cooler when you create your own facts.

Best Answer

For some odd reason I want to see this.

Best Answer

There is a certain breed of frog that can survive being frozen...pretty much solid.

Best Answer

i thought lobsters were the only ones that could survive a freeze

Best Answer

Dolphins go to sleep with only one half of their brain at a time.

Best Answer

If you went out into space, you would explode before you suffocated because there's no air pressure.

Best Answer

There are probably going to be some European elections soonzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Best Answer

i llike your username but i guess thats useless to right?

Best Answer

absolutely

Best Answer

:(

Best Answer

wood floats. You ALREADY knew that?!?

Best Answer

if only gilligan knew that....

Best Answer

all including you and i

Best Answer