mrwilson91 mrwilson91 36-40 18 Answers Apr 13, 2012

please try and give it up - lung cancer does kill - I'm currently in remission, but it'll come back and it's all through smoking! <br />
Think of your health. I'm in my fifties and have to take medication every day just to breathe. I'm out of breath walking on the flat, and have to take many and frequent breaks when walking up-hill. I even get out of breath walking down stairs.<br />
Is this what you want for yourself? I am now a burden on my daughter. I hate having to depend on other people to do the things I used to take for granted - and it's all down to cigarettes. Please, think before you light another one.

Best Answer

It's legal, he's made his own decision. Let him do what he wants it doesn't affect you. If you say anything about higher healthcare costs remember that obesity takes a much higher toll on costs, mainly because there are so many obese people.

Best Answer

Yes, he certainly has made his own decision, I was only giving my response to his question....so what's your problem! Bugger health care costs! I've paid into the system - and I'm certainly getting my money's worth now! I was pointing out the negative side of smoking and its adverse impact on my health, and the subsequent ramifications it's having on my family. A valid point, in my opinion. BTW - I'm totally addicted. Smoked for over 40 years, and can't give it up!!

Best Answer

I just started I'm in my late 40's, always wanted to try it so I did and I liked it. Been smoking 3 weeks now and I enjoy it, usually smoke from 4-6 cigarettes a day. Plan on keeping it at that limit it seems to work for me.

Best Answer

Picked it up at 18. I like it, it was my decision, and I'm not blame anyone else but me for whatever happens. What kills me is when ex-smokers act like they had no idea it was so damaging. YOU'RE BREATHING SMOKE! HOW THE HELL COULD YOU THINK THAT WOULDN'T DO ANY DAMAGE?

Best Answer

I didn't start recently, it's actually been a little over a year. I was under a lot of stress, I was at a point in my life where there wasn't really anything good in my life-in fact, I was deal with a lot of bad things at that point in my life. And there was no one I could turn to. The few people that were sympathetic couldn't do anything to help me. The rest just laughed. I was bitter and angry. I don't know, I got the stupid idea that I should do something rebellious, something that would shock people if they found out. Stupid, right? Anyway, at that moment I was standing behind the register at work, and looked up to see packs of cigarettes. I debated it all day, then eventually broke down and bought a pack. I went home and smoked one in my dorm room, I didn't cough, I didn't mind the taste, I didn't feel sick....I like it....A LOT.

Best Answer

Considering all the chemicals drug companies (aka cigarette manufacturers) add to tobacco to get you addicted to giving them your money and inhaling cancer-causing chemicals... I BET you like it. You've been had.

Best Answer

now you are one of the kool kids.

Best Answer

Not.

Best Answer

Breaking up with a boyfriend and taking multiple outings to clubs each weekend consecutively for 8 weeks after we left each other, I ended up smoking other peoples cigarettes, and then just figured I might as well buy a pack of my own. Ironically, that guy and I are back together and he doesn't mind me smoking.. :/ I'm 26 & have been smoking 4 years.

Best Answer

I'm not sure why you would want to start smoking. Smoking is unhealthy, the smoke smells bad, it is one of the most difficult addictions to quit, and it causes numerous other problems.

Best Answer

Another good point... when a smoker gets on the train and sits near me, their smell can make me want to gag.

Best Answer

Unlike when someone douses themselves in perfume or reeks of fried food.

Best Answer

seriously, do you work for Rothmans or Pall Mall or something? no one in their right minds would advertise smoking in your 30s as something likeable unless they worked for Big Tobacco... what a sad stunt.

Best Answer

Perhaps they like it and aren't trying to hock anything?

Best Answer

i used to smoke for nearly 17 years but i didn't feel the need to preach about it. it's dangerous and a stupid thing to start doing. i should know, i have a disease only people in their 60's get - yes, tobacco related. it's really not funny when people think it's cute to promote it.

Best Answer

Woah, stop. really.

Best Answer

You need to do what you need to do. Sometimes it is counter intuitive (or productive). Is it dangerous and unhealthy? Definitely. But I'm in the same situation. I know what the dangers are and I do it anyway. Does this make stupid or some other negative label. No, it doesn't. Until others have been in our shoes they won't get it. That said, you should most certainly not smoke (she said while puffing away).

Best Answer

[Insert knee-jerk anti-smoking sentiment here.]<br />
If you're happy, then go for it. Still a somewhat free country.<br />
I started smoking around 22. No evil peer pressure, just wanted to try it. Liked it right away. Quit after they introduced "Fire Safe" because they taste like crap and made me cough and wheeze (unlike the old ones). But to each their own.

Best Answer

Seriously non smokers are truly righteous ignoramases.

Best Answer

I started because "everybody" was doing it so I wanted to be part of the group. Finally gave it up because it made all of my clothes smell and I would cough in the morning until I spit up a hocker which made my chest hurt.

Best Answer

Nothing could make me smoke.<br />
To be honest I don't understand how anyone could in their right mind pick up a cigarette today.

Best Answer

EXACTLY!
lipbloss captured my sentiments perfectly,thanks

Best Answer

Not that easy, its an addiction, and they say its as hard as giving up heroine. For years we were bombarded by advertising, how cool it was to smoke, now things have changed but people have a hard time quitting.

Best Answer

It's apparently more addictive than heroin, though how they measure that I don't know. My point is... everyone knows that smoking is addictive, poisonous, and expensive. There is no excuse these days... if you pick up a cigarette, you are choosing cancer, and slapping everyone who's had cancer in the face.

Best Answer