does anyone know about key logging? i use a wireless internet connection, unsecured network (no password required) and there are other computers in the area... my question mostly stems from my passwords being changed all the time and just weird stuff my computer doing.. my pointer moves on the laptop, isn't seperate but moves to things and clicks without my touching it.. HELP I'M BEING HACKED!
colkoala colkoala 26-30, F 8 Answers Oct 30, 2009

thats a ghost playing with ur computer

Best Answer

OK, here goes. This is long-winded but the situation requires it:<br />
You have been compromised. This is REAL BAD. I would print this out and turn your PC off immediately. Unsecured Network means that exactly, it's not secure - anyone can and will piggyback to get free signal. It's so easy to do. They could already have gone through your hard drive; especially if you have 'file and printer sharing' on. You mention “…there are other computers in the area” – well if you can see them (they’ll come up on the list when you review for available networks), that means they can see YOU. You mention that your “... pointer moves on the laptop … moves to things and clicks without my touching it”? Whoa, Big Red Flag #1! This is indicative of your PC now being remotely managed, and possibly undermined, by someone else who obviously knows exactly what they’re doing. You’re being invaded – they could open up any program and view your settings and private information (ie. SSN, CC#s, mother’s maiden name, your address, whatever you got). Even reading this text as you’re reading it as well. <br />
Did you say “…passwords being changed all the time”? Big Red Flag #2! Take action. Get your CCs replaced. Then, like viccdn suggests, reload your operating system, change ALL passwords, and set up a SECURE network. Be sure to use the WPA type. Make certain you are NOT using the WEP type as that can be hacked in less than twenty seconds by those who are knowledgeable. Finally, enable your Firewall and deploy both Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware like lookinggood mentioned. If you don’t want to do it yourself, consider taking it in to be looked at by a technician. There are two kinds of Internet bad guys out there: hackers and crackers. Hackers get cheap thrills out of breaking into systems, just for the fun of it, to see if they can. The Cracker is much worse. They deliberately intend to pilfer through and steal your sensitive material (or businesses for that matter) and back out leaving no digital footprints. Really hope you take corrective action before Big Red Flag #3. Good luck! My doggies have spoken.

Best Answer

Yes. Follow viccdn's advice. The last thing you want is your computer hacked or your identity stolen.

Best Answer

You need an anti-virus and a fire wall. Some of the free ones work great.

Best Answer

is anyone hacking my computer and why?

Best Answer