MRshams MRshams 18-21, M 13 Answers Nov 11, 2012 in Divorce

In the words of Helen Lovejoy "Won't somebody think of the children!?".

Best Answer

The kids. The kids can be devastated and affected forever.

Best Answer

Kids mostly suffer because they are taken away from their fathers. Statistically, kids raised by single fathers do as well in life as kids raised by both parents. Kids raised by single mother fail comparatively in every part of life that can be counted or measured. A divorce that takes kids away from fathers is very serious harm to children.

Best Answer

Well, I would agree that fathers are essential in a child's life. But equally so are mothers. It takes BOTH.

Best Answer

Not really, iwantpizza. Even though its often said that both parents are equally important, none of the research supports that contention. Fathers are very important to the outcome of children becoming successful adults. Mothers don't really matter when the child is with father. Single mothers are bad.

Best Answer

Well if that's true then how very sad that so many fathers shirk their duties. It's despicable. I realize that not all of the do this but far too many of them are self-centered ******.

Best Answer

Don't know where you got your statistics from. My guess is that it's your personal opinion. My sister and I were raised by our single mother and both of us did just fine. I went to college, made the deans list many times and an honors graduate. My sister is a law clerk for the county she lives in. I raised my youngest son alone, Military veteran, college graduate, great job and a great future. My ex raised our 2 oldest. One is in prison and the other is a selfish and materialistic with no college education.
Now, where did you get those stats again?

Best Answer

I wonder why kids raised by the mother fail comparitevly as opposed to kids raised by the father

Best Answer

the kid's.. if the parents should re-marry again, either way their kid would become the illegitimate child.. and then comes the psycho effects like what we see in movies.. i hope i know what i'm talking about..

Best Answer

The mistress.aint no way he can still afford to take her to paris after giving that ***** half hia stuff

Best Answer

in my case the beast that had the mis fortune of marrying... shes the loser not me... shes now a single lone parent aswell with help from mummy.... its got to the point where i just dont care anymore..

Best Answer

Always the children of course!

Best Answer

the kids... there is no question in selfishness between adults

Best Answer

Women file almost all divorces in the US. Women take the house, car, money, and children. Men get bound into 20 years of indentured servitude, a form of slavery. Men have a very high suicide rate after she divorces him and takes his children.

Best Answer

I left but he filed for divorce. I gave him both houses and the business. My car is in my name. I took no joint funds or credit cards or any other assets, for that matter. EX offered 6 months of "support", which I accepted - small token for 27 years of wife/business partnership. Our youngest child is 21 years old and all the kids live closer to him. I moved cross country, alone.

Best Answer

Perhaps you confuse "anecdote" with "data."

Best Answer