We are the scapegoat for the worlds problems!<br />
Our government makes decisions most of us do NOT agree with, we are not ignorant, uneducated or war mongers. We are like everyone else, we raise our families, go to work and pay taxes and bills. We are NOT Hollywood celebrities who look out only for themselves, many of us actually care what goes on in the world and hate to see suffering!

Best Answer

Well I disagree, it's high time other countries start taking responsibility for their own problems and stop asking the US for help, only to turn it on us and blame us.

Best Answer

I wasn't referring to our allies, of course the US would take care of Australia. I love my Aussie stepdad and friends, hopefully one day I'll get the chance to visit

Best Answer

I agree! Let all the sub rate countries fend for themselves. Make them do thier own killing. If they have the nerve for it.

Best Answer

nobody asks us for help, we just do it anyway. Also we cause a lot of war, like the Iraqi Invasion of Kuwait was caused by us (look it up it's true) Sadam used to be one of our allies and when he wanted to invade kuwait he came to us and told us if I invade Kuwait will you interfere and we said no go ahead (we have records of this it's true) so he invaded and cause a lot of death and destruction and then we went in to help just cause we wanted oil, if we were just honest and said yes we would interfere so many lives would have been saved and also there wouldn't be that much damage to their enviroment, but no just cause we were greedy

Best Answer

Hypocrisy I think is the word that those berating the US would give you....<br />
America espouses all these morals about freedom, equality and opportunity.... but they seem only to apply to America and its citizens... and on occasions not even to minority groups within the US. <br />
I'm not saying any other country is any 'better'....... but other countries don't go on about how they are morally superior as the US does.....

Best Answer

As you said... None better. It gets lonely at the top. Besides we've provided more food and medicinal aid to impoverished people than the rest of the world combined.

Best Answer

Does the US give out most aid on a per capita basis? I think you'll find on an ability to provide aid and generosity the US is passed by many other countries. Again playing devil's advocate one could say that US foreign policy for the last 50 years has led to many of the 3rd World's current problems or at least a failure to address the root causes of the problems.

Best Answer

It's not our responsibility to address the 3rd worlds problems.
Forget per capita (in which case we still exceed all others), Let's talk tonnage.

Best Answer

@imweasel, I'm answering the question not expressing my own feeling or opinion of USA, I bear and show no animosity towards America.
@manicompulsive, whoever is the root cause of another countries problems should shoulder the burden. On a per capita basis, in state aid or in terms of individuals donation, the USA comes out very low, (Britain fares little better). When you talk about tonnage, true quantity does count in terms of lives saved etc.... but to crow about being the most philanthropic nation when clearly this is not the case draws a lot of animosity towards the USA.

Best Answer

For the same reason there was animosity towards the British, over a century ago and the Romans a few millenia ago. Your Empire bloated and in decay. Resentment of previous power (and abuses of that power) has now grown into an opportunity to gloat at your suffering. It's quite pathetic and cruel. The average American has had no say in your Government's actions. For what it's worth, I like you guys :o)

Best Answer

Not decadence by itself, more like the natural conclusion of any Empire. It's part of nature....all Empires turn out that way.

Best Answer

Ooh, thanks. I'd be very interested :o)

Best Answer

It's because we don't mind our own business. We put ourselves in problems that don't concern us at all.

Best Answer

Really , you have no idea .<br />
Rockyfjord is spot on plus a few other things .

Best Answer

I like you so you have one friend.

Best Answer

Most of it is just people needing something to blame their own faults and problems on. Most people could be happy, if they only knew that it's easier than they could have dreamed.

Best Answer