Since Christmas I've had an ear infection, sinus infection, bronchitis and strep throat.
hadyourchance hadyourchance 31-35, F 27 Answers Feb 7, 2013 in Health

Hi. Please get checked by a doctor to make sure that nothing serious is going on with your immune system because it is chronically down. Also, get celiac sprue ruled out as it is autoimmune and can drag down the immune system as well as ruling out other autoimmune things. Platelets are clotting cells. These are the cells that bunch together and make up the major material of a blood clot. They have nothing to do with catching a cold. Get more sleep, and please take a balanced diet and 40 ounces or 10 glasses clean water a day, well balanced B complex and mulitvitamin. Do not take excesses of any of the vitamins or minerals. Do not take an herbal preparation if you are not well studied and apprenticed in this area of medicine.

Best Answer

Your immune system could be compromised. Have you been to a doctor? If so, the medicine just might not be what you need.

Best Answer

I've been the same way but I do have a compromised immune system. What about your air ducts? that can just be recycling germs if your filters aren't clean. There have been a ton of people sick this winter, and it's the same thing you mentioned, it just doesn't go away or goes from one thing to another but it does sound like you need antibiotics. Take care!

Best Answer

:( no idea,

Best Answer

Are you sure you are using good hygiene practices? Good food handling practices? And getting proper nutrition -- which includes avoiding sugars which increases the probability of getting infections? If you're doing all of those things, you should check with a doctor to see if there is something more serious going on.

Best Answer

I'm the same... I don't know either<br />
see a doctor maybe?

Best Answer

Maybe you should ask your doctor to refer you to an immunologist. It sounds like you could have a weak immune system. In the meantime, make sure you're getting enough sleep, take a multi-vitamin, make sure you're eating a balanced diet and drink LOTS of water.<br />
You should also consider having someone check out your home. My sister used to get ill all of the time and they found out a lot of it was caused by mold and toxins in her apartment.<br />
Also, if you have young children, that greatly increases your chances of illness, since they're around dozens of other children who might be ill every day.

Best Answer

Gluten intolerance.

Best Answer

I feel for you but I've been the opposite. I haven't been sick this winter and it seems as if the flu virus has left our environs.

Best Answer

I used to get acute bronchitis, or pneumonia, every winter from Oct-Feb non<x>stop, every winter, since young childhood all the way up until my late 20s. Then in the early 90's, I received the flu shot two times with two years in between the shots. I don't know what happened, but every year since then, my winter cold has been less intense and the cycle shortened, each year a better year than the one prior.<br />
And these last few years I did not even get a winter cold at all! My doctor agreed that the flu shot did something to my immune system. Guess I needed it. Now everyone in my family gets sick, I take care of them, and I don't catch whatever they have. It's nice to not get sick all the time.<br />
But I do want to add that I will NOT get the flu shot again because the preservative ingredient contains mercury (they don't tell you that). Apparently it's such a small dose of the poisonous element that it doesn't count. Yeah, not!

Best Answer

you may need to read this:<br />
http://botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/a/anise040.html#med<br />
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anise<br />
I know it doesn't taste good, but I had been like you few years back, but after having daily cup of anise I hardly get infections.

Best Answer

Oh my, I hate anise

Best Answer

But your profile says you enjoy anal....:). Sorry couldn't help myself....

Best Answer

Compromised immune system.<br />
Do you take Vitamin D? Get over 1000 IU, not the wimpy amounts the government advocates. With your situation, I'd advocate 7 or 8 thousand a day. Also get out and take a walk in the sun daily. Next time you go to the doctor insist on a Vitamin D blood test.<br />
Do you eat a lot of sweets? Sugar degrades the immune system for hours after its consumption.<br />
Do you take Vitamin C? Get into the 4 digits of mg on that. You can take as much as your gut can handle. I suggest you go to a vitamin store and get a bottle of Vitamin C powder.<br />
And I would take Cold-Eeze Zinc lozenges till you get well.

Best Answer

All of these ailments of yours are spread by airborne droplets/ particles. Your ear infection is a extension of your throat infection. The people you are in contact with are spreading the "germs". Avoid groups of larger than 3 or 4 people. Wash your hands frequently. Increase your intake of vitamin B and C and Zinc. Watch for signs of the flu.. fever > 101, muscle and joint pain, sudden onset, fatigue, headache, pain around eyes, dry cough, red watery eyes, no GI symptoms as pneumonia can be a complication.

Best Answer

Thing is...haven't left my house since Christmas. I've been too sick.

Best Answer

Oh, had the flu too already.

Best Answer

well maybe you need to unblock your chi...eat better, reduce stress and don't hang out with 1st graders, they are petri dishes of germs

Best Answer

My daughter is a first grader.

Best Answer

well there you go...germ petri dish, at least you are going to have the constitution of superman by the time she is in 2nd grade

Best Answer

it is because your mind is weak for some reason

Best Answer

My mind is definitely not weak.

Best Answer

Low platlid count? or maybe just bad luck

Best Answer

Well that's the way the nurses always said it to me

Best Answer