So I'm obsessed with our fallen heroes in Iraq & Afghanistan. I don't know how I became obsessed, why I became obsessed or when I became obsessed. My cousin served as a Marine in Iraq.. his first deployment began in early 2003 and he deployed a few more times as well. He's no longer enlisted. My Uncle is retired and was in the Army Reserve and served in Kuwait in 2003 as well. I constantly look up fallen hero graves and everything. I read about them everyday. There's this one girl, named Sam Huff, who died in Iraq in 2005. She was 18 years old when an IED hit near her military vehicle. I have the book called "American Daughter: The Sam Huff Story" which is about her life and the documentary/tv movie "Taking Chance" which is about when a Marine named Chance Phelps who died in Iraq and his body was brought back home. I'm also attracted to military guys, not for their money or benefits. But I always want to date a military guy and they end up treating me like crap. I have more books.
Divaamychuff Divaamychuff 18-21, F 5 Answers Jan 27, 2013 in Military

As a (female) veteran I would suggest that you channel your support for the military in a healthier way. Perhaps you could volunteer at your local VA, not to mention you would meet a ton of vets everyday. There are good ones! (But only a few cuz that's all the Marines were looking for!) tee hee

Best Answer

Sounds like for the wrong reasons, maybe they make you feel safe initially ?

I would say get some counseling and talk about these issues .

You may find when you have dealt with things you will see more clearly,

Goodluck

Best Answer

Wow im suprised theyd treat you like crap....i was guessing its because theyre honorable guys you sound like a sweet lady i pray the best for you!

Best Answer

As a vet I hate to admit it but lots of 'em are real a$$holes!

Best Answer

damn that sucks

Best Answer