That is unusual. Have you noticed a decrease in hunger? That was my experience. Have you gained muscle mass, or been constipated?

Best Answer

i don't believe i've gained any muscle mass since i haven't really been able to exercise due to my surgery. I feel a little hunger, but not enough to make me break the diet plan. I snack on a few almonds or a dill pickle in between meals. I'm not constipated.

Best Answer

Typically people note a decrease in hunger because their blood glucose levels stableize. Exercis can cause you to gain weight, because your muscles swell. I would continue the diet, and not worry about short term weight fluctuations. I had good success with weight loss when I lowered my carbohydrate intake, while eating what ever I wanted. If it bothers you, don't weigh for a few weeks. Besides, weight is not that important, it is the abdominal fat you want to get rid of for health reasons.

Best Answer

Maybe it's water retention? I read something about water in the body being the cause of weight.

Best Answer

Do not look at progress by your weight, weight fluctuates too much to accurately diagnose progress. Instead, measure yourself. Take photographs week to week. <br />
A lot of mistakes people make when they start working out is eating more. Exercising makes you hungrier, and as time goes on people tend to get less strict with their diet. You could be cheating without realizing it.

Best Answer

I keep a very strict food diary so I know exactly how much I'm eating. It definitely isn't cheating. I do think that I may have lost a little water weight in the beginning. What I can't explain is why the weight is going up. I've never had this issue with low-carb diets before.

Best Answer

Protein builds muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat.

Best Answer

I've only started exercise yesterday and just cycling, stretching, and a few pushups. I can't do anything too crazy yet because I just got off crutches.

Best Answer