Maybe I shouldn't be annoyed.. but I am. Why is it that my boyfriend who I have been with since 1/29/2012 still hasn't invited me to family things? His grandparents celebrated their wedding anniversary and he didn't even ask me if I could come, he figured I'd be working. Now his cousin is having a graduation party tomorrow and I still wasn't invited, he didn't even bother asking even though I have to work. I'm not trying to be selfish or a brat, but it's been a while now and I wish he would ask me if I'd want to go to these family things. CONSIDERING he is going to my cousin's graduation party on the 23rd.
Amaylicious Amaylicious 22-25, F 17 Answers Jun 1, 2012

He's probably taking his other girlfriend to it. Would be awkward if you both were there.

Best Answer

He'd never cheat on me.

Best Answer

Uhhhhuhhh..... sure babe sure he doesnt.

Best Answer

He doesn't.

Best Answer

you could get back at him by having an affair with someone else. SAy for exampllleee....someone from.. EP?

Best Answer

You have only been together 6 months. I think you are looking to much into it. If I was with a woman she would likely not be around my family for the first year.

Best Answer

Don’t be too hard on him. A lot of us guys don’t think that deeply about things like this. I too think he may be afraid for you to meet some of his family members. I know I didn’t want my wife to meet some of mine.<br />
Part of a good relationship is being able to talk about everything to each other so talk to him.

Best Answer

Maybe he's had a bad history with relationships. Maybe he's cautious this time around after introducing girls to his family only to have them gone a few months later? I say talk it out, be honest and calm and try not to escalate the problem.

Best Answer

Perhaps for him January this year is still very early and want to spend more time with You (year (s)?), before including in his family?

Best Answer

best answer is to ask him, if you don't understand what he says, tell us and we'll figure it out :)

Best Answer

I suggest you talk to him about it and stop resenting him about it. Keeping it all locked inside and building up tension will do no good.

Best Answer

Maybe his family is nuts, or he thinks you wouldn't enjoy going so he doesn't bother. I always find that stuff pretty boring, and wish I hadn't been invited. Once you start going to that stuff you start to feel obligated to go. And then the family is all like oh, where is she at, is something wrong, why couldn't she make it. They may not be very accepting of new people in his life either and he's trying to protect you, I would just ask him about it.

Best Answer

Perhaps he senses that you're resentful about this and if you express this in a way he finds inappropriate (I'm not saying you are, but he might think this), he might be worried that you'll behave inappropriately at these events. <br />
I would ask him, but without any sarcasm or accusation. Just ask him why he doesn't invite you when you'd love to go. If you don't get a satisfactory answer, then maybe it's time to move on.

Best Answer

he is frightened to do so

Best Answer

Because you are among the hosts!

Best Answer

He's not a mind reader- tell him you are available for these events and you'd like to go. If you are working why would he invite you. Stop playing games

Best Answer

Just say to him , I am not clever or pretty enough to get to your Family events and see what he has to say about that.

Best Answer

he maybe doesnt feel he nos you well enought to brin you there,it only bein a few months really uve noin him at the end of the day

Best Answer

I've met some of his family and I can't understand really what you're saying..

Best Answer