sharon4595 sharon4595 46-50, F 7 Answers Dec 9, 2012 in Depression

Because we didn't choose to exist, we didn't choose our body, mind, or world... we didn't choose the options we are forced to choose from if we want to survive... and we feel trapped... trapped by expectations and illusions that leave us feeling empty when they are unfulfilled. Leaving us wondering what the meaning of it all is when we are simply loved when convenient, given affection when others find us pleasing but once we snap or bend out of shape, when we contradict them, we are shunned, outcast, and left alone. It all seems very conditional, not like the unconditional love we were told this life was all about. It seems like life is a fight between our desires and the desires of others. At times we feel selfish, useless, we feel like we are doing nothing but floating through space, nothing but simply entertaining ourselves, and we wonder what the point of it all is... We feel like people could do without us because no one really cares to the level we'd expect, no one is really there constantly checking in on us to see how we're doing, how we feel, what we need.... many of our friends from our past just disappear... and so we wonder what is left? But you know what my friend... you are not alone. I understand you. Hang in there... at least I admire you coming thus far... and I appreciate all your efforts and all you've done even if others have not. We are all different with out own looks, preferences, desires, and ideals... no one is better or worse expect in the opinion of individuals seeking mere entertainment. You are great, being YOU! :)

Best Answer

If your life is in order , then the problem very well might be a mechanical one with your brain it's self , most likely a chemical imbalance causing depression

,for that you need medical help, zoloft or some such medication can make a big difference I've seen it first hand in a depressed person. The problem is that people don't look at the possibility of depression being the cause of the problem so they just suffer, year after year.

Best Answer

i use to feel the same,and i found that everything around you can be great but if you dont love yourself you still feel empty.start Loving you,and you will start to notice everything will start looking brighter:)

Best Answer

what do think your missing?

Best Answer

Depression isn't always caused by something else. It can be mental...if that makes sense. So you could be living the perfect life, and you are still depressed. There is medication and stuff to help with that, ask a doctor or something. You can be happy...you deserve to feel happy :)

Best Answer

It sounds like you don't feel loved.

Best Answer

I wish I knew. Welcome to my world

Best Answer